Fake News school oral presentation

Come on, reason a bit...

Obama and Clinton are mystical demons, Sandy Hook is a false flag, aliens controlling our government... claims like this are not twists... they are outright fake news.

As Chris Cuomo being a fuckin' idiot. The man has no business being in front of a camera. Any camera, ever.

Come on now. Neither Fox nor CNN talk about frogs turning people gay, Sandy Hook massacre being fake and evil aliens with inter-dimensional travel ability that are controlling the population or whatnot. The difference between Fox/CNN and InfoWars isn't funding (technically it is, but it's irrelevant), it's that InfoWars is literally run by a delusional mentally unstable person.

Yeah, they are outright lies.

What I'm saying is that you shouldn't differentiate between the methods that two different parties (not political parties in the context of this sentence, just saying this for clarity) use to get money when those methods are dishonest.

Both are saying things that aren't true, in order to get views and money.

@ImprovizoR You think that Alex Jones actually believes that shit? He's doing what Fox and CNN do, catering to a demographic (nut jobs) in order to get views and thus money. Fox caters to the general right wing, and CNN and MSNBC cater to the left wing.

Again, dishonesty is dishonesty. I don't care what their methods are, what matters is that what they are doing is morally bankrupt in every way. CNN and Fox might as well just make shit up if they're going to cherry pick and lie about stories.

None of them deserve any modicum of trust in my opinion.

I remember the exact moment I gave up on Alex Jones, to the point that I won't ever really listen to his crap again... even if he gets something right.

Jesse Ventura had a crappy show about conspiracies and he did a spot with Jones. Jones took him to a FEMA location and pointed to what looked like plastic cisterns stockpiled in case of an emergency. Jones called them coffins and stated that the government was planning to attack the local population.

1 Like

I occasionally watch him for a laugh.

If I want actual news, I'll watch someone on youtube like Sargon. Someone who cites their sources and appears to do actual research and at least attempts to make an informed opinion.

Although in this day and age, no one should be taken at face value. Sadly, the majority of the population can't be bothered to do actual research.

The really hard question is, how do we as a society recover from this? Is it even possible?

I am still just waiting for the War On Terror to be over... time ticks on.

It will be like the war on drugs and never really go away. Although I do think terrorism is still a very serious threat, I would say that governments are going about dealing with it in the wrong way (the whole idiocy going on about encryption and internet privacy).

Have they forgotten the cold war? People can communicate in ways that are not electronic lol

Dead drops, private in-person meetings, etc.

It is not about terrorism. It is about distracting people, controlling land and making money. Public support is still needed to do this stuff.

Most people don't have the time to question things and look for answers, and many probably don't care.

I would guess that the majority don't care. Most people are just trying to scrape by as far as I can tell.

We really derailed this thread.

1 Like

Seriously, this thread got necroed and was immediately turned into an argument. Stop.

It doesn't really matter, does it? He's saying all of that insane crap and people are listening. What's worse, the president of the United States is listening.

And the democrat party is running wild with a narrative absolutely unsupported by any evidence what-so-ever (the russian hacking thing. Supported only by the assurances of the same "intelligence community" that said there were WMD's in Iraq.

The entire situation is totally fucked, both sides are lying about themselves and each other. I'm more concerned about our bat-shit-crazy congress because they have more power than the president.

Actually, Bush and his administration said that, not the intelligence community. Their report was pretty clear that they lacked evidence of WMD's in Iraq. But Bush was assisted in selling his pro-war narrative by the mainstream media.

Russian hacking...say it till you mean it.. US hacking is not a thing...dont invade sovereign nations and shoot down their planes. Russian is hackin :slight_smile:

I should not derail a school project I am a bad man :frowning:

OP, I HIGHLY recommend you watch this short documentary that shows unreleased broadcast footage of news people and their tactics accidentally being broadcasted. It gives insight on the real problem and how long it's been going on.

Actually, I recommend everyone watch it, but that's my .02

Youtube - Spin

I really would of liked to see this thread continue, but it turned into a pointless argument.