Failed to Allocate memory for Kernel command line, bailing out booting kernel failed: bad file number UNRAID 6.6.7

Hello i am trying to install unraid 6.6.7 on my poweredge R910 and i run into this error when trying to boot into the installer and i cannot figure out why i am running the latest bios and firmware on my server does anyone have any ideas?

Are you booting legacy or uefi?

I am booting in uefi i cannot seem to boot in legacy will not work i do not know why

So you’re on the latest firmware?

I don’t know toouch about unraid or the r910 in particular, but my r510 had an option in the firmware config options to enable legacy boot.

People on the unraid forums are saying that this issue is a uefi shortcoming and legacy mode is the best solution.

Where would i enable legacy would it be in boot options in the bios then BIOS instead of uefi? Or would it be somewhere els

I don’t remember off the top of my head. Should be in one of the pre-boot configuration menus.

Okay well i do not think it is the lifecycle controller and i think it is on the bios menu and if i chose legacy instead of uefi i am unable to boot unraid

Yeah, I’m trying to search around for info on it, but it seems to be memory-holed.

So would it be related to video memory?

No. It’s trying to allocate system memory, apparently for the kernel command line… I really don’t know why it’s having difficulty with this.

Try booting another USB. I’m curious if something like Ubuntu or Fedora boot fine. – Just the livecd, not an installed environment.

Ubnuntu will boot fine it is unraid that is having issues i do not know why it would have issues allocating memory

Sounds like the devs failed to create a proper image.

Is it grub?

If so, I’d go in on another linux distro, chroot in, rebuild grub and make sure the config file isn’t corrupt.

Okay well i might give that a try