Fail to post past VGA with TB3 connection

I have an asus proart creator Wi-Fi Z690. I have this setup to be able to connect a PXI chassis via TB. The setup seems to work ok if I connect the TB cable just after post. But won’t pass vga post if I leave connected from reset. Looking to see how I can learn how to debug this. Is there some bios logging or methods to determine why a bios won’t post? I have been just trying various bios settings but looking for a more methodical approach to bios troubleshooting.

The PXI chassis works and connects as expected ok on a win 11 dell precision 3570 notebook.

I did disable Vt-d so that DMA kernel protection is off which is required. Tried all the permutations on TB bios settings and power settings.

Tried iGPU vs dGPU. But if this chassis is connected to TB the MB will not post.

Going to try a different chassis tomorrow.

Looking to elevate my bios debugging skills!

Thanks!

Update: Using the HDMI connection allows a successful POST with the TB3 device connected. Not ideal but a good work around for now. Asus provided little help in trying to debug this.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.