Extended Desktop Help!

Don't really know where this goes, so I'll put it here.

Quick:

I was wondering how to use my Intel HD 4000 graphics for an extended/secondary desktop using a second monitor(1024 i think), and still be able to use my Sapphire HD 7950 for my main 1080 monitor as I want to game on only one monitor.

Long:

For a couple months, I've been gaming off of my Intel HD 4000.  Since there's only the integrated graphics to use, the extended display worked just fine, and I was also able to game on one monitor.  I recently got an HD 7950 and it didn't come with a DVI to VGA adapter (my 7850 did, but I sold that rig and no longer have the adapter).  I don't want to go out and buy an adapter, and was wondering if I could use a combination of my I/O on the motherboard for my secondary display along with an HDMI output from my GPU for my main display.

Specs:

CPU: Intel i5-3570K

MOBO: MSI Z77IA-E53

GPU: Sapphire Dual-X HD 7950

- Monitors -

Monitor 1: LG FLATRON E2250V (1920x1080)

Monitor 2: Hyundai ImageQuest L70S (1280x1024)

i believe you have to use the ports on your graphics card to be able to do that. ex: if you sli 2 cards you can only use the ports on the first card

hope that helps and i may be wrong

I don't want to go out and buy an adapter

Go out and buy an adapter.

Not sure if you can even do what you're suggesting...

Just go out and spend a couple dollars on an adapter. Then you will for sure be able to run two monitors as you want from the 7950.

Just wondering if it was possible.

Looks like i'll go out and buy an adapter now.