Ex console gamer. New PC build advise please

Hi all new to the forum and looking for some advise. I used to play pc back in the day when wow had just been released, however i have predominately played consoles. I am looking forward to playing the vast amount of games on PC. So here is what i'm thinking for my new rig.

AMD FX-8350 4GHz Socket AM3+ 8MB Cache Retail Boxed Processor

Asus M5A97 R2.0 Socket AM3+ 8 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard

Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO AMD Intel Processor Cooler

Asus R9 280X DirectCU II 3GB GDDR5 Dual DVI HDMI DisplayPort PCI-E Graphics Card

Corsair CX 750W Fully Wired 80+ Bronze Power Supply

Kingston Hyper X 8GB 2133MHz DDR3 CL11 DIMM (Kit of 2) XMP Beast Series

WD 1TB 3.5" SATA-III Caviar Green Internal Hard Drive - 64MB Cache

Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Case

Running windows 7 64bit.

All this comes to roughly £900 pounds in the UK want to keep it under the £1000 pound mark.

Would appreciate any advise, Cheers

It's a really good build, though the wd green drives are rather slow and you should probably get an ssd to. Otherwise it's a very good build.

Build seems very solid but I would suggest getting a 1TB WD Blue Drive, the Greens spin at 5400 RPM to conserve power and Blue spins at 7200 RPM. You could also go down to a 500W-600W if its cheaper unless you plan to Crossfire. Also a Hyper 212 EVO will do a little bit better if its available, I saw the Cooler Master Hyper 412S which looks very similar to the Hyper 212 EVO. Look up some reviews of it.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/3i29w I like the combo of a 8320 and a Gtx 780. Its a very cost effective solution that is by no means a slouch. You should be able to max 99% of games with it. 

You don't need 2133 RAM unless it's on sale. Save a few dollars and get 1600 RAM with at least CL9. And yeah, with that budget, you should be able to fit a 120GB SSD in the mix. +1 on staying away from the WD Green HDD's. Go for a WD Caviar blue or black, or Seagate Barracuda. If you need to shave off a few more dollars to retain a high-end GPU in your budget, you could also go with the FX-8320 which is the same CPU but with slightly slower clocks. In gaming you won't notice the difference and these CPUs overclock really well anyways. 

For an 8350, you'll want a motherboard that's a little higher end then the M5A97, I recommend the M5A99FX pro. You probably won't run into problems with the M5A97, but you won't be able do much, if any overclocking. Also, unless you're using an APU, having fast ram will give you no performance increase whatsoever, so you don't need such high end ram. Just buy the cheapest two stick 8gb kit you can find. Also, +1 for the caviar blue, green drives aren’t designed to be primary disks. Good luck with your build, welcome to the master race.

The only things I'd recommend you change is the CPU cooler to something like a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO. And the HDD to a WD Caviar Blue 1TB. And possibly upgrade your MOBO. But that depends on what you plan on doing in the future.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/3i7bS

If you're willing to spend the max, you can get a really nice build out of it. You can always trade the cooler out for something less expensive, but try to choose something that will adequately cool the thing if you overclock.

I also totally wasn't aware that there was a company making AMD branded RAM. As such, despite the slight increase in price, I thought it would be understandably necessary.

Wow just got back wasn't expecting so many reply's! Guys thanks for the advice i will take your point on board and adjust accordingly. Wasn't aware of the pcpartpicker website either so thanks :D