EVGA motherboards

Note: I have never built a computer.

Backstory: I was given a motherboard (EVGA NForce 680i SLI 122-CK-NF68-AR) and other computer parts (see below), the motherboard did not "post", then we (the original owner and I) called EVGA, and they said they are willing to replace the motherboard with one of these.

Option 1: 132-CK-NF79-A1

Option 2: 130-SB-E685

Option 3: 132-SE-E775

Other Computer Parts I was given:

- Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.00 GHz

- GE Force GTS 250 BFGRGTS 250 10240CE

- Samsung 1 GB PC3 10600U (x4)

- Corsair HX620W CMPSU-620HX

The original plan was to spend about $100 on a case and more RAM, and have a decent computer that will work for my needs (mostly solidworks), but the motherboard had issues. With this new development, I was thinking I might be able to get away spending $300 - $600 to build a good computer that I can use for a couple years.

Researching different options is definitely going to take me hours of time (that I dont have) to learn everything about computers. I understand this is a long shot, but maybe, just maybe there is a super genius here that can help me figure out an ok computer option with the boards EVGA is offering me, or maybe I can make a counter offer and ask for different board and build an awesome computer for my price range. 

Thanks for your time.

Edit: oh yeah, I already have a monitor, mouse, keyboard, mouse pad

Oh God, EVGA motherboards are horrible. I'd go for 1st option (EVGA 790i Ultra) so you can keep the CPU (and even overclock it?), but then you will have to buy some DDR3 memory as well.

The alternative is a new build from scratch.

The first option you can use just about all your goodies and get a system going for very little money, it is completely up to you on that one.

The second option is a Z68 1155 board, they offer far bit more performance and a lot more options now a days when it comes to cpu's. 300-600 can get you a nice i3 system with a decent graphics card. Do you have a operating system?

The third option is X79 2011 socket high end good stuff, very expensive cpu's which is definitely out of your price range but it is properly fast.

If you are low on cash and you need a system to work right now to enjoy, option one definitely. It is the cheapest build possible and you have a good bit of parts for it already. The second option will give you a good bit more performance but it will also cost you some time and money.

Update: 
Ok, so going with the EVGA 790i Ultra (132-CK-NF79-A1). Can anyone help me with picking RAM and Case?

Data on EVGA 790i Ultra:

1. http://www.evga.com/articles/389.asp

2. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813188025

RAM:
I already have four "Samsung 1Gb DDR3 1333Mhz", 4GB total, but was told that upgrading to 8Gb and better quality RAM, like higher Mhz or something, would show a noticeable performance difference. What do you think? Have any suggestions on what I should buy?

Case:
I don't have a case, need to get one, and am a little confused. Where on the data sheet does it specify the Front Ports that my board will support, I think it is the Internal I/O Connectors (but that sounds counter intuitive)? Any case suggestions? At the moment, my top choice is this NZXT 210 White Case, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146076.

Thanks

Yup, Windows 7 Home 64 bit.

8GB is definitely far better then 1GB, Crucial has the Ballistix series which is fairly cheap and very nice quality. Any DDR3-1333 will just about do, the memory will never be an issue on your system.Make sure to opt for a Dual channel 2x4gb kit, two sticks of 4gb @ ddr3-1333 at least.

That case is just fine, ATX is the key you are looking for when it comes to cases. Your motherboard is ATX so thats what you are aiming for.

Why do you think they are horrible? They make a few odd desicions here and there, but they make some pretty great mobos. I would've bought one if it had 8dimm slots for X79, but it didnt... and I didnt like that. Boards like the SR-2 are crazy OC kings, with a really interesting feature set.

My X58 Classified 4-Way SLI died today, becuase one ferrite core choke decided to light up in sparks.

Update

Case: I didn't go with the NZXT 210after all, I went with the Fractal Design Define R4. It's great, thanks for the review.

Ram: I still have no idea which 8 Gb RAM set works with my system. I currently have four Samsung 1Gb DDR3 PC3-10700 (667 MHz) 9-9-9-24 sticks. The dude above suggested Crucial Ballistix ( http://www.crucial.com/store/mpartspecs.aspx?mtbpoid=BC6F3D8DA5CA7304 ). I am not sure about this option. Any and all recommendations are welcome.

Thanks.