Everyone get your earplugs ready

Im a forum/bbs fan.
FB ruined its heyday but I made many new actual real friends through meetups etc that I still see today.

Hypothetically lets say fishing.
I find some obscure North Wales Shore Fishing forum. I have fished my whole life but know nothing about N Wales or their target fish. I probably have very little in common w the forum members but can still generate convos and can become an appreciated member even if I will probably never shore fish in N Wales. I may even generate longterm relationships.

Then again Im not a shitpostin troll looking to lighy fuses irl anyway. It should be what you make of it. While Twitter is an unrealistic “conversation” mostly I dont care about likes and brand and follows. I get updates from reputable organizations and actually post a tweet only if its informational/interrogatory.
Not “you moron. Only a ---- would have a avatar like that.”
Or “look this guy only has 7followers.”
Thats exactly the same as going to the park to play and having kids make fun “hey thats that weird homeschool kid w no friends. Dont listen to him.”

While I know it exists on twitter it isnt in my face because I dont seek it.

3 Likes

@Pauld42 - My guess would be you followed those that the Nazi Leftie nutjobs hate. Had you followed their insane clown posse instead you would have been OK.

1 Like

its been fun watching the likes of joy reid scramble over twitter being sold.

i would go into what she vomited out, but that’s giving her voice even more reach.
so lets just say my opinion of her opinion…

LOL!, silly woman. your not supposed to say the quiet parts out loud :rofl:

1 Like

Ahh, now Joe Biden cares about Section 230.

5 Likes

No, his handlers care, he has no clue what it is.

3 Likes

11179ce5c388b1cb14a6aecd9ad8b05fcfd5e43b

RAID is, in fact, a backup.

2 Likes

Years, preaching to people about backups, redundancy, explaining the meaning of MTBF, power failures and battery backed raid cards can still fail, explaining raid levels 0 is gambling, 1 SOUNDS like a nice idea, 5/6 are more of an uptime insurance policy, and reminding them fires do happen and their on site “backups” will be melted pile of plastic and slag along with the originals.

I respect your right to be wrong, but you are definitely wrong, and your spreading of wrongness is frustrating my efforts of having people not do scary things with thier “if i lose this I’m fucked” data.

I hope drive savers at least pays you well for your disinfo campaigns.

5 Likes

:troll:

3 Likes
1 Like

Oy, the visual!!!

I am glad Elon took over twitter and exposed the corruption. It seems I would be preaching to the chior, but have you seen my “favorite educational podcasts” in the low-activity art&media area?

My favorite is the gardening section.