[Events] "vPub v5" opensource online Party! - this Thursday at 4 PM UTC

—> to avoid missing out our future events, join a Matrix channel or low-volume newsletter

Dear friends,

I’m happy to tell you about the upcoming “vPub v5” online party, which starts 2022-05-26T16:00:00Z (your local time). Here’s a homepage of our online party - https://vpub.dasharo.com/

Aside from having fun, we’d like to discuss and learn more about the wonderful open-source projects from the embedded world of firmware & hardware - and their advantages of liberty, security and quality. Some examples of the possible topics:

• new opensource coreboot BIOS port (see “…now working on a new retail Intel Alder Lake MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi DDR4 motherboard” for more info) - and its’ testing results by QubesOS users. This port has been done by our 3mdeb company and is quite a spectacular accomplishment by that it’s for a new motherboard still widely available as new (usually by the time an opensource firmware is ported to some motherboard, it’s long gone from the market and the people have to search for the old used ones);
  • RustSBI - a software supervisor for RISC-V written on Rust programming language;
  • qspimux - a hardware adapter for the safe remote flashing of SPI flash chip (used for storing the firmwares) without detaching it from a target motherboard;
  • lnDSO150 - an alternative firmware for the popular handheld DSO oscilloscopes;
  • bcm5719-fw - an alternative firmware for the network card Broadcom BCM5719;
  • swtpm - a software Trusted Platform Module emulator and the ways of using it;
  • TrenchBoot - a framework which uses multiple projects to improve the security of firmware booting.

Thank you for a wonderful time with us on our v2 / v3 / v4 parties and your kind feedback here on L1T :blush: We hope that this one will be as exciting as the previous ones (which lasted for 10-12 hours!) - and will be waiting for you. Expect a great time in a cosy community of opensource enthusiasts from all over the world! :wink:

2 Likes

@Dynamic_Gravity @wendell @Zibob @regulareel @imhigh.today @Mastic_Warrior @SgtAwesomesauce @Zedicus @Exard3k and @frred : I’m sure you will find this interesting - and we’ll be happy to see you on this Thursday’s party for a nice time together :partying_face:

2 Likes

Thanks for tagging me. I am on a different shift this week and next week and will be at work.

One of these days, I will make it to one of these events.

2 Likes

Seeing the past events lasted for 10-12 hours, there’s a good chance we’ll still be there by the time your shift ends :wink:

3 Likes

I will do my best to attend. I get off between 1300 and 1400 this week and next week. If I don’t get distracted, I should be able to tune in.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reminder!

I will try to attend.

2 Likes

@mike_banon thanks for posting. What is important to us is to make this event attractive to Level1Techs Community. We are definitely not as professional as our notable hosts in this forum, but we trying our best and would like to improve. Feel free to send us feedback.

1 Like

Sorry that I missed it, I had too much work to do.

Looking forward to the next one!

1 Like

Damn, I did not realize today is Friday. I totally missed it too.

1 Like