Error -118 when trying to access the steam store

error -118 when trying to access the steam store, whether through any browser, or the app, but the app will let me log in.

I’m also having an issue hulu wouldn’t let me sign in, whether it be in a browser or its app.

Reddit just won’t load period.

another issue I’ve noticed is when I try to goto Walmart.com a notice from “malwarepatrol.net/access-denied” is displayed, it says to contact the admin of my network.

I’ve googled these issues, and theres a handful of fixes, I’ve tried them all, multiple times, nothings working, I’ve narrowed it down to my home internet, because everything loads up on my phone through its data. wondering if my ISP did something on there end or is something im missing?

Could be DNS related. Is your rou9and modem up to date and maybe a full network restart could be in order.

turned off modem and pc and turned it back on, problems persist. ill try doing a reset on the modem. I have a feeling its my isp

Maybe try changing the DNS on your router? Cloudflare or something…

1 Like

If you have a VPN try connecting to those specific sites. If it works it’s probably your ISP’s DNS

a friend down the street is experiencing the same problems, I emailed my isp yesterday, at first they tried saying I had a virus, and/or I was using the wrong browser. So I called them today when I got off work, he kept on the same story, that I got a virus or something, so I elaborated how I had cleared caches, used my phone, and a separate pc with a clean install of windows, and the same thing happened on all of them. then I brought up how someone down the street had the same problems, and I noticed I wasn’t getting the full bandwidth I was supposed to. After saying that, he informed me that he had an engineer on hold and that they had been working on it, and had gotten other complaints also. He said him and the engineer had no idea what the problem was, so its deffinately something with my isp. but more and more sites and apps become unusable as time goes on.

I think its just not set up properly. they recently upgraded their equipment, its probably something to do with that. it was driving me crazy though, clearing caches, resetting settings, adjusting settings, power cycling. they haven’t fixed it yet. I don’t have a vpn but I doubt it would work, because my connection in general has become noticeably worse.

EDIT: twitch now will not work through my isp.

Damn that really sucks.

I imagine they are already under pressure but nothing gets people thrown at a problem like losing customers, if you feel like making that sort of noise.

nah the town I live in has <500 people in it, and its basically my only choice, thankfully theyre way better than centurylink. they only have one tech, and well, as far as I know, everytime theres technical difficulties, they outsource. lol theyre all cool though

they fixed it this afternoon, its all good now, I think, only thing I havnt tested is connection speed.

1 Like