ERMO - A relaxing puzzle game with an ethereal graphics

there has been moments where ive gotten it every 5 minutes.

maybe add a do not ask again button

I’ll give it a try. I’m on Ubuntu Gnome. Is the steam store page up?

PM’ed you a steam key, you have to redeem via steam.
Any comment welcome.

Just to let you know. The game is not a groundbreaking, here’s come the revelation from the sky, game…
It’s an experiment I do to better understand the multiplatform development.
In addition, actually the “levels” are not well-designed for desktop, I mean, they work very good on mobile (portrait), but I still need to design some good (challenging) level suited for wide screen.

There’s a level editor for anyone to experiment, but I know it can be annoying, and players expect good levels ready to play not the ability to design them.

Console games do not work good on desktop either, still people play them.
The game looks great.

2 Likes

Two things like would like to see implemented.

A button where i can exit the game and keep my current score. I cant always leave the game open in the background on a laptop i use constantly. When i relaunch the game it should attempt to drop me straight into the game where i left it

A slider where i can adjust the speed of the animations. Some animations take way to long IMO and it would be nice to just speed them all up a fair nudge.

1 Like

My suggestion would be an option for windowed mode, I have issues with full screen games going to the wrong monitor all the time.

2 Likes

Yes. this would be a huge help. I have similar issues with the game and fullscreen mainly as I use i3 which is doesn’t always play nicely with it and being able to tile the game would be neat.

1 Like

Which ones? The block shifting? or level transitions (stage to stage)? or screen transitions (success to home, mode select to level) etc?

About other comments, I’ll come back in a couple of days. Some Chinese app stores cloned the entire game, I’m dealing with them in the hope (vain) to sort things out.

in general. animations are just slower than i would like

ethereal graphics

excuse me

4 Likes

Any chance for a GOG release? The Steam client on Linux was a bit of a crapshoot last time I tried it, not to mention the whole DRM business.

1 Like

Show me your id!
If you older than me, you’ll get 99.99% revenue… otherwise, let’s start talking about your business(es)…

I’ll investigate it when I’ll get steam done

2 Likes

Just noticed:
When in game (solving puzzles), the button to leave is bottom right.
In the menu, the button then changes over to the left side.

This feels a bit wierd.

1 Like

The juxtaposition of the awesome landing page on your website with the absolute bare minimum HTML of the “waiting for download” page is off-putting.

I’d just have it stay on the same page and pop up a box saying what the HTML says.

Plenty of work this week. I pushed a new alpha build.

On the main menu, in the settings, there’s a ‘resize’ button. Three modes: fullscreen, windowed, slim (mobile like).
It should remember mode, which screen and position. There’s a bug now, switching from full to windowed, the window goes slight out of the screen on right edge. This issue doesn’t happen on a second screen, just the first. I really don’t know why, I’ll analyze it tomorrow.

In windowed mode, it can be freely resizable. Lots of stuff happen on resizing (basically the UI is destroyed and rebuilt on the fly), I hope I covered all scenarios.

This is quite tricky, as I see it as the animations are not well tailored on widescreen. In general, I attempted to give a calm atmosphere with fluid and mellow animations. Anyway, I implemented a technical option.
Use --animation-composer-speed=X where X is the multiplier. Set it as 1.3, it should be enough to feel a breeze. You’re welcome to mess with wrong inputs and see how badly the game will crash.
I don’t think I’ll promote this as in game option, as I want understand if a global refinements of the animation is a better way.

There’s a downside. As I implemented, some events are just timeouts and don’t chain with the animations. So it can happen that an animation finishes and the “next” event is not immediately triggered. There’re few of them. Make them the right way required a further level of engineering, and I didn’t want to do it as the game is already well beyond any sane threshold for the sake of a simple game.

Sorry, but I cant change that. It’s a tradeoff of the multi factor design (mobile/tablet/widescreens).

By the way, I setup the STEAM page. Hope it looks good.
Probably it’s a mistake to golive without a build ready, but I didn’t noticed valve required 5 days to validate. I’ll take it as a lesson for the next time.

3 Likes

I use that page to track the event.
Usually it doesn’t show up, as it is a redirect=0. Strange.

When I have time, I’ll script it as async in the bg.

Use async/await?

Hello, a quick update.
I added a special Mod. It’s a twist on the rules. It comes with dedicated theme/music/etc…

ermo_halloween-mod2

Received some feedback from mobile players, they enjoyed as it’s a bit different. It’s quick, but adds a new flavor to the game.

It unlocks automatically on halloween week, or after lv10 during the year.

ERMO is now available as Early Access. The keys I had send you are still valid. If someone else wants a key to try, let me know.

1 Like