ERMO - A relaxing puzzle game with an ethereal graphics

I’d also be up for testing the game on steam. Am also using Fedora 27.

Can test on Windows 7 on Ryzen (a combination that breaks some games).

Hi, PM’ed a steam key.

After you redeemed, you need to switch to the alpha branch. You can do in the game properties(beta panel). After that, check for updates or restart steam.

SOME QUIRKS

• windows: to properly see steam integration, add “–in-process-gpu” (without quotes, double dash first, then single dash) into launch arguments, in the game properties. I’ll do this automatically in the next release.
  • linux: on my env, the game freezes after few seconds. I added “–disable-gpu” into launch arguments to get the game work. Let me know, if that is required on your system, or it just happen on my side.

ABOUT THE GAME
Achievements are temporary, I’ll add them in the next build.
The gameplay and the progression are exactly how they will be in the release. I’ll just add more levels and fine tune some UI, if required. And that’s it for the first release.
If you’re patient enough to reach lv10, you can test also the level designer. No share feature (created levels) at the moment. I need to figure out a clever way. Open to any suggestion.

Edit:
I forgot to say thanks for your time

4 Likes

If you are going with Steam any way, look into Steam Workshop for custom level distribution. Not a developer and have no clue how it works or integrates, just as a gamer it works great. Worth a look.

2 Likes

OK. first thing ive noticed that i dont like would be the limited moves thing.

At the very least you should let the player have unlimited moves and when they finish a level tell them they used too many moves and have them restart

1 Like

Where to find his game? It doesn’t show up in steam for me?

I kinda like the forced moves aspect. It makes the game more challenging and forces me to think about the patterns differently.

1 Like

Bug found:
When swtiching to endless mode and selecting the stage, the game breaks. Restarting gets you into another crash (loop).

Workarround:
WinKey + R
"%appdata%"
delete the folder “ERMO”

System:
Win7 64bit HomePremium SP1 (Up to date)
Ryzen7 1700X
16GB RAM
R9 Fury (Driver: ReLive 17.7.2)

Edit: Killed it again, no idea how. Workarround works.

Thanks for letting me play!

1 Like

I have found a bug on the game where it’ll crash into an endless restart loop if you exit and restart it from level 2 and above. I removed the game data in ~/.config and played to level 3 twice and the issue occurred both times. I then restarted again and exited after every stage and the issue happened when I got to level 2.

Let me know if you need any more information.

Linux fedora.network.dev 4.13.5-300.fc27.x86_64 #1 SMP Thu Oct 5 16:57:11 UTC 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Nvidia Driver 384.90

The best compromise would be to have it as an additional option in the menu and let the player choose whether they want limited moves or not.

Can confirm this happens to me too.

I had to do this for my system to get it to display properly. If I don’t the game loads then goes to a black unresponsive screen.

Solus (x86_64)

Kernel:

4.13.5-24.current

DE:

Budgie

GPU:

Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Fiji [Radeon R9 FURY / NANO Series] (rev cb)

GCC:

Using built-in specs.
COLLECT_GCC=gcc
COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-solus-linux/6.4.0/lto-wrapper
Target: x86_64-solus-linux
Configured with: ../gcc-6.4.0/configure --prefix=/usr --with-pkgversion=Solus --libdir=/usr/lib64 --libexecdir=/usr/lib64 --with-system-zlib --enable-shared --enable-threads=posix --enable-gnu-indirect-function --enable-__cxa_atexit --enable-plugin --enable-gold --enable-ld=default --enable-clocale=gnu --enable-multilib --with-multilib-list=m32,m64 --enable-lto --with-bugurl=https://dev.solus-project.com/ --with-arch_32=i686 --enable-linker-build-id --build=x86_64-solus-linux --target=x86_64-solus-linux --enable-languages=c,c++,fortran
Thread model: posix
gcc version 6.4.0 (Solus) 
2 Likes

Solved (patch1). I forgot to turnoff the leaderboards, as they’re not ready yet.

Any one on linux had this issue? I think I will add it in the FAQ, because it think It happens due to some GPU driver problem or compatibility.

3 Likes

neat that was fast, will give the new build a try soon :slight_smile:

I also have to add the -disable-gpu flag in the launch options or I’ll get a black screen as @Dynamic_Gravity described.

i have that problem also

needed --disable-gpu

found another bug. i got the 200 blocks acheivement at 150 blocks XD

Now I need to get the high score.

2 Likes

you wont. ive never found this style of game to be hard =P

1 Like

Naaah, I left as is to test you…
Any bug is left for a purpose
Always

1 Like

Okay EA. :ghost:

4 Likes

This is starting to get very frustrating.

What? It come too often?
I didn’t optimized hint/askrate display after lv15, so they come random