Eoma68

Anyone got one of these? How do you like it, what do you use it for?

I like the overall idea, and would like to see/hear about them in the wild.

For more info on the idea on the EOMA68 standard can be found here

1 Like

Are you Luke Smith copycat?

1 Like

Just got to tell everyone were I found it, now I canā€™t look original geeezzzz

I like his tutorial and academic videos, his personal beliefs do not reflect my own in many regards

1 Like

Lemme get this straight, pi3 prices for less than pi3 performance?

TIVp2

3 Likes

It seems like a very niche product, but not for me. As @Adubs said, the price of Pi3, but the specs are less, just seems rather peculiar to me. If someone actually has one Iā€™d love to hear why, and how they use it, but I donā€™t really see the whole point of it to be honest.

1 Like

I think its more ā€˜libreā€™ than the pi is but thats about it.

3 Likes

I agree with @Adubs and you, rather spendy for whats on offer

a freely-accessible royalty-free, unencumbered hardware standard

Seems to be the idea is making sure there is nothing ā€œproprietaryā€ about it

Why I wanted to see if anyone was using one, and why. Lots of FOSS ppl here, thought it would be a quick reply.

1 Like

I did notice that when reading through the specs, but I donā€™t know, it still feels like a bit much to pay for hardware of that caliber.

1 Like

Itā€™s bespoke free range up-cycled tech. I may sell them at a farmers market here in town

In all seriousness, Piā€™s have the advantage of scale and connections. I can see why it costs what it does, Iā€™m sure at a nice profit to feed the over all work. To be truly competitive (or for a faster buy), I agree the price needs to come down

1 Like

pi is cucked by broadcom, the main CPU is actually the GPU and itā€™s proprietary and it runs binary blob to even boot, so thereā€™s that.

1 Like