Enermax TR4 Two Years Later

:wastebasket:

Not to anyone’s surprise my Enermax Liqtech TR4 died as the rest seem to have. Mine may have lasted a bit longer but failed catastrophically in the end.

Just some teardown puctures for your viewing pleasure.

The fluid was a little murky and had some sediment.

The coldplate is tarnished and a little gunk has collected at the fins.

The pump was gunked up and silicone barrier discolored. You can see a hole had eroded in the impeller housing.

Cleaned to see the corrosion damage easier.

Ordered the noctua 140mm air cooler. No real benefit with water cooling imo with stock clocks.

8 Likes

even the ones that got rma’d failed too lmaoooooo

quiet and better for some chips like everything in computing “depends” but ive used water cooling at stock temps for noise reasons

My Coolit Eco is still running after 10 years of near daily use.

oof. That erosion is bad. I cant tell for sure, but does that hole go all the way through to the other side?

We’re to the point with them at my job that evem if they arent broken if the customer asks we’ll aprove an RMA… It’s so bad

1 Like

I learn more from these threads then almost all the others, thanks

I am honestly surprised a Liqtech managed to keep going for more than 6 months.

I think that’s one of the worst failures I’ve seen when I see threads about those coolers dying. The only metals I’ve seen more corroded than that are 20 years old cars that have lived up north.

After GN did multiple videos on the first gen, it feels like the second round won’t do any better in the long run. RIP Liqtech.

2 Likes

They did suggest a water quality issue, so even after improving the materials for the gasket, which they thought was the only problem, I think the water quality and the heat from the CPU accelerated the issue. High flow rate which Enermax also advertises could also peel at protective coatings if the water was sub-par already.

AVA just cut all contact with them 3 months ago after being denied multiple warranty claims actually looks like they may go under.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.