[Ended] What would you do with a TerraMaster NAS?

I would love to make this my Plex server, currently using my main rig/gaming system so it’s not an ideal solution this would fix that! I’d also probably set this up as a Dropbox replacement.

3 Likes

I’d set this up as a NAS + Jellyfin server for some family that does not have one. Also, I’d probably use some capacity as an offsite backup with Restic (sftp maybe?).

4 Likes

I would use it as a storage server for my plex media. My present nas is filled to the brim where storage is concerned.

3 Likes

I have a friend who is a video editor and like myself a data hoarder. I would give it to him so he can continue his data hoarding needs and work stuff, but mostly data hoarding.

4 Likes

I would use this to backup my web and game servers!
that things pretty sick.

been building a game network for ages now, but dont have a real nas solution yet… just a bunch of bare metal enterprise servers.
might actually have to turn a portion of an ibm system x3650 m3 server I have setup as a vps into a nas server.

4 Likes

At first play around with container storage, but it would probably live long term as a Plex server for my folks. Not the most interesting but ¯_(ツ)_/¯ its the truth

4 Likes

I will use this as a NAS to make this a secure dataset space (with Raid 5 maybe) to allocate some AI workflow, also as a Backup with VPN attached (maybe use it also as a OpenVPN server?), very probably as an internal web hosting storage, and most important, it will be used to improve my homelab happiness.

4 Likes

I would replace the current raspberry pi OMV nas that is housing the current whole home / wife’s business backup/ Plex server with more than just two terabytes of space. I would also probably YouTube DL many different episodes of level 1 Linux information.

4 Likes

I would use this for archive of my film negative scans and finished edited photographs ( I do film photography as a hobby).

4 Likes

I’d create a media server because I’m running out of room on my garbage internal HDDs. (NEVER buy renewed drives! mine are so crappy that I can hear them with my case closed)

4 Likes

Hello Wendel
i would use it to share my library of knowledge with the internet.

3 Likes

I would build this NAS out for my aging parents. They had a hard drive failure recently, and I want to help them out.

3 Likes

Place it under my bed so I can hear the sweet rhythm of harddrive clicks throughout the night.

4 Likes

I would store my photos and all of my friend’s photos (as encrypted offsite storage from their perspective).

2 Likes

Send it back to you because I already have a NAS :slight_smile:

Or set it up at my brother’s for a backup.

3 Likes

Would love to use this to move my plex/file sharing from virtual to dedicated box

4 Likes

I’d install TrueNas on it, and finally get back my desktop that I turned into a NAS !

4 Likes

i’d turn that baby into a portable lab. install esxi with drives passed through to a truenas server.

4 Likes

I would finally build a nas! I have been wanting to get into freenas or something. I am currently using a hodge-podge of different usb drives for my backups. Yeah, thats not secure, safe or fun for backups.

4 Likes

Use it to make backups of my mom’s PC and data - she works as a WFH teacher at an elementary school and is a part-time graphic designer. Right now I only have a manual solution of copying her data to an external hard drive about once a month, but I’d set up some Windows installation backups so if anything were to happen, I could get her up and running in no time.

4 Likes