I have Emby Server installed on my Synology NAS, and it works, but it’s getting slow. We only access it at a max of 2 streams at a time, and that’s on the LAN, nothing outside of our LAN. In order to get better performance, I’ve installed Emby Server on my Ubuntu desktop (i7 with RX560), but I’m having problems adding the media libraries from my Synology NAS. Everything I try get’s rejected. I’m thinking it’s a user permission issue, but because I can access all the shares through the Linux OS, I assumed the user permissions were correct.
- Synology users = admin, emby and embysvr
- Emby user = Parish
- PopOS user = Parish Mills
- The Synology NAS has both SMB and NFS enabled.
- I can access all Synology shares on my Ubuntu machine.
- For now, I’m only working locally on the network. I’m not trying to access my files outside of my LAN.
- tv shows are stored on the nas at: volume2/Synology Shared/TV Shows/
WHEN ADDING A PATH TO THE MEDIA FOLDERS, I’VE TRIED THE FOLLOWING WHICH NEVER WORKED…
- smb://192.168.86.34/volume2/Synology Shared/TV Shows/
- /volume2/Synology Shared/TV Shows
- \Diskstation-PCM\volume2\Synology Shared\TV Shows
- \Diskstation-PCM\Synology Shared\TV Shows
- \192.168.86.34\volume2\Synology Shared\TV Shows
I’ve tried the Emby forums, and I haven’t had any luck. I feel incredibly stupid asking this, because I’ve been running Linux almost exclusively at the house for 10+ years. Any help would be greatly appreciated!