Elite Dangerous: Odyssey 🚀

Frontier Dev just dropped a new update yesterday (thanks @DeusQain)

(heres part 1)

Quite excited to see how this turns out

6 Likes

Hopefully we can walk around in those parks / gardens you see in fancy stations but I’m kinda doubting it

2 Likes

Imagine this once they added the VR support back <3

2 Likes

Is it out, or is it just update videos?

I want the actual update.

1 Like

Not out until later next year. We’re getting a lot of hype on this one.

1 Like

Marketing… marketing… marketing…

Bah. Thanks.

2 Likes

Isn’t that what its all about :smiley: how else would you know anything about it if they don’t put out info?

I want to know about it by reading the patch notes for an existing. Of course. What else is there?

1 Like

I’ve just installed this game myself today. It’s now free on Epic. As far as I’ve understood it’s quite complicated. Does anyone have any good resources for a new player to learn some basics for this game?

1 Like

Their YouTube channel has tutorials, plus the in game tutorial is apparently much better than it used to be.

2 Likes

Youtube is gonna be your best resource… CMDR Exegous I believe has a ton of tutorials.

Biggest tip I can offer, DO NOT leave the starter systems until you’ve upgraded ships a few times and have a little nest egg in the bank (at least 500k). Once you leave the start systems your learner’s permit is revoked and you cannot return.

2 Likes

Gotcha! Thanks for the advise.

How necessary would a joystick be? Is it ok to play with just keyboard and mouse?

1 Like

I’ve never played it using the mouse. I can attest, joystick input is very “slow”. Small fast ships are hard to control with joystick.

Many player accounts I’ve read, and folks I’ve chatted with on discord prefer the mouse due it being a lot more responsive.

1 Like

That’s interesting!
I’ll do my research and give it a shot. Just need to convince my pregnant wife that i need all that spare time for myself :joy:

1 Like

My question is, how do you do a combined arms assault in “solo” mode, will the AI be your teammates?

I’ve no idea