? EK Coolant

How is this stuff for longevity? does it clog like pastels? i need to know im trying to get some fluid for my build and think pre mixes are the best till i learn more about fluids

If it isnt a pastel coolant; you should be fine. Just change it every year or two.

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-cryofuel-acid-green-premix-900-ml forgot to add the link my bad... this is what i was looking at

Yeah, shouldn't have any issues really beyond perhaps dying the blocks a little green but that just depends on the type of water blocks you use and how often you switch the coolant really.

i have the plexi ek ones... with the nickle plate.. do those dye>?

Should be fine, just try to change the coolant every year or so. Maybe sooner, if you like it certainly wouldnt hurt things.

i was thinking like 1 time evrry 8 or 9 months

2-3 years is fine unless if you notice a film of residue and/or thick foam developing at the top of your coolant in the resivoir, Change sooner if that's the case.

how do u prevent condinsation in the res

Easy, you fill it up to the top.

Condensation is thermodynamics, there's no way around it.

BTW EK Coolant is made by Mayhems which is regarded the best stuff on the market.

/edit
technically you can get around the water-bubbles on the inner reservoir surface by nanocoating, there's also a nanocoated reservoir from alphacool(?). But that doesn't prevent condensation in itself, if just helps the waterbubbles to drip down to the fluid.

would the stuff im looking at be a pastel? also if i was gonna make my own distilled water mix or even got clear.. how eould i go abot that what products would i need to stop bacteria

Pastel = solid color.
It's not solid color so it's not pastel.

Everything is in the description:

Characteristics:
- Low electrical conductivity
- Biological growth inhibition
- Corrosion protection according to BS5117 (ASTM D1384) standards
- High quality concentrated pigments for intense, vivid and saturated colors
- Compatible with Acrylic, PETG, POM Acetal, rubber (NBR, EPDM, and Norprene) materials
- Eco-friendly (90% biodegradable in 10 days)
- RoHS compliant
- 2-year shelf time after bottling

DO NOT ever mix this stuff with other biocides.

/edit
Also this is premixed. You take it and you dump it into the reservoir.
DO NOT ever dilute this with distilled water.

You can get concentrate and mix that with the right amount of distilled water according to the packaging.

You can't.

no i mean if i was gonna make my own

Oh well you said clear, I thought you meant the EK clear coolant.

Well, technically you don't need any biocides (yeah I know a lot of people are gonna come and say how this is bullshit). Fact of the matter is it's really dependant on the loop and how you use it. There's been a lot of people that just use tapwater instead of distilled too (Linus even said a few times he only uses tap water, think of it as you like). Biocides of course help.

The 3 recommended things to use are

1. Distilled water (not deionized)
  2. Biocide (usually pt nuke if you're in the US, or Mayhems stuff worldwide)
  3. corrosion inhibitor. There are a lot of it on the market

But honestly, if you don't know what should be in the fluid and what shouldn't just go with a premix or concentrate. You can always mix your own stuff once you got more experience.

would u beable to link me some stuff im in canada

http://a.co/36qxVdw
http://a.co/cjifbAX

But be careful one of those can damage Nickelplating on blocks (not completely sure which it was atm).

I don't know what people take for anti-corrosive over there, I have some stuff from aquatuning lying around, but I'm gonna use EK clear concentrate anyway.

r/watercooling is also a pretty good place to look for advice.

if i uuse the ek clear concentrate csn u add the mayhem dyes to it?

yes.

Mayhems work with pretty much any coolant, and as stated above, the coolant is made by Mayhems.

ok so if i wanna do my own colours i can just use the ek clear and that has all the added biocides and stuff? and i can just custom my loop? if so thanks that mskes life easier