eCommerce site WordPress/square space

has anyone ever built an eCommerce site on word press or square space? need advice :} which is better.

I don't really have a good grasp of coding languages but I am familiar and trying to learn.

I am surprised that someone wants to pay me to do this. and a bit nervous since its my first time doing this.

I also want to say that a friend of mine knows more about coding than I do and I will outsource the work if I have to (don't want to waste anyone's time or money :/ ), but I really want to learn and be able to do this on my own. any advice will be helpful, thanks!!

I also want to save my client as much money as possible, so if you guys have experience and know which is more costly in the long run, please tell me.. So far from what I've read they cost the same.

go with square space. WP commerce is easy enough, but if you don't keep up with patches, it will eventually get hacked. with squarespace or shopify.. they do all of that. Less headache. Somewhat less flexible.. but.. you probably don't need anything special. use code teksyndicate for a discount.

1 Like

WordPress by itself isn't an ecommerce platform. But pair it with WooCommerce and it's powerful and easy for both admins and customers. If you know what you're doing and you keep on top of things security in WordPress isn't a problem. If you don't know what you're doing then go with something else. Check out Shopify if you don't want to deal with managing the tech side of the store.

1 Like

thank you!

Square Space for sure. Majority of my work is in WP and it is not made to be an ecommerce site and never should be imho. Square Space keeps everything nice and secure and simple.

1 Like