Eclipse Thread

I had to drive through some fucked up traffic. Would have been more beneficial to take the day off just to avoid slow confused assholes from out of state.

2 Likes

2016 - "Don’t look at the sun"
2017 - “Look at the sun”

1 Like

12 hours ago-dont look at the sun
6 hours ago-look at the sun
now-dont look at the sun

2 Likes

MAKE UP YOUR DAMN MIND AMERICA!

took a road trip to a tiny little town called Crofton, Kentucky

• met a jerk who wouldn’t even let us stop at his curb to decide whether we wanted to park in his lot without paying to park in his lot
  • met a really cool guy who let us park on his lawn and hang out and gave us waters
  • met a bunch of Amish who own a country store and accidentally (ACCIDENTALLY, i swear) broke a jar of pumpkin sauce :frowning:

This was incredible. I tried taping a lense over my cell phone camera, but… nothing turned out well. not even during the totality. It was amazing to see, though. 10/10 will stare again.

7 Likes

Sat out on the retaining wall under the trees and watched the hudreds of crescent shaped lights hitting the side of the house.

Best image I could get from my camera.

30x zoom on an 8.6MP digital means a very noisy image :frowning:

10 Likes

still looks cool af though

Lucky you, the Solar Eclipse was lame in my state, it barely got dim at all.

This was a great video:

2 Likes

It was interesting while it lasted, even though I only had 15 minutes during my break at work to see it.

It was noticeably cooler when 85% of the sun was covered up. I didn’t expect it to have that much of an effect on the overall temperature during the day.

Well now I’m even saltier I didn’t get to see it.

The next one (2024) will go almost straight over my house.

1 Like

This year’s Eclipse was just awsome and amazing.