Easy Bypass for School Network Blocks

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. MOST SCHOOL SYSTEMS REQUIRE YOU TO SIGN A TECHNOLOGY USAGE AGREEMENT OF SOME SORT, SO IF YOU ARE CAUGHT AND THUS EXPELLED, DON'T BLAME ME.

So this was too easy. My friend simply told me about this program called Spotflux which is intended for browsing the web securely, but it also works for getting past school network blocks. If you can install it on your school computer without being caught, enjoy going on whatever site you want.

http://www.spotflux.com/

I'm cyber schooled, so I just have a laptop they sent me and I'm using it till' my build is done, if this can give me youtube access. Well, I love you.

I guess when you're afraid to get caught you can install it on a USB drive, it will leave traces on ur PC but that will need further inspection. Maybe you can use a portable version of some browser too, not sure if that will work. I haven't had to deal with shit like this, I come from the time that the 12 year old techy kids kinda owned the school network :)

Don't use that; use the TOR browser instead. It is far more secure, and has much more support.

at my school we cant import programs, i tried putting a portable google chrome on a memory stick (we have an ie from like 12 years ago, and a horrible outdated firefox) didnt work, so i put it in a zip file and put it on my drive, the amount of memory they give us is terrible (250mb) so chrome (or any other browsers) wont fit there becuase of my work. Its quite annoying, since our school filtering system is horrible, websites that shouldnt be filtered are and vice versa

when I was in school and wanted to get around the blocks i would put "?id=google.com" at the end of the url

^ trying that when the winter breaks over :)

Glad to see this helped you guys I guess, merry Christmas if that's your thing!

Proxys get you suspended at my school :(

And they peek into your USB's.

I'd be careful of that. The school can track EVERYTHING you do on the computer.

encryption might work i guess to prevent getting caught

You go to school to learn not fuck about on facebook.

I just have Ubuntu installed on a flash drive...

School computers should have limited boot options and the BIOS locked down... assuming the technicians at the school know what they're doing.

You are at home right?

Just run a live linux off a flash drive if they havn't put a password on the bios.

They probably blocked sites in the hosts file or a program.

Majority of the schools I have gone to don't know anything about security. Back in middle school I was able to boot into a Linux live flash drive multiple times.

+1 Most have no idea what they are doing...

At my school, the only security was a Network WinLogon...
So pulling the network cable out when booting, loggin (it gave an error and message about local mode), then replug and remap network drives allowed us to do what ever we wanted.

Good times playing StarCraft...

Well at my school they blocked youtube and kids found a way to get around it and that is https instead of http I dont now if it will work with your computer but it worked with our schools

I contacted the people who make the web security programs etc and they gave me a code to disable it. Just figured I'd follow up on this haha.

that worked in our school as well lol