EA Origins Service

GreenSLi said:

Very well put.

Valve isn't a company made only to satisfy gamers, it's a company that like ANY other company, wants to earn the most money

but they used to give a shit at least.....soon we'll be seeing multiple paid DLCs on release day from them too.....

GreenSLi said:

Very well put.

Valve isn't a company made only to satisfy gamers, it's a company that like ANY other company, wants to earn the most money

I have to agree with Wooly4 here. Even though every company is out to make money there's some that have a passion for what they do and some that don't. I like how Valve supports their games with free content and always aim to make games that are unique. I think being all about the money is bad and tends to make companies lose their sight on creating innovative and fun content. Giving too much away for free is bad business. I like it when companies find that middle ground. I hope Origin makes EA become a better company by emulating steam.

ah EA is justa money whore but a little competition can't hurt erreybody loves steam

I dont mind that EA has its own origin thing. I just really hope its not required if you buy BF3 retail. Whats the point of origin anyway? Other then downloading games, is there really a point to it? For talking to friends while gaming and stuff like that there is already Steam and xfire. I could see if it was only used to download the game, but i just dont get the rest. All of their other games did fine with out origin.

Luke said:

I dont mind that EA has its own origin thing. I just really hope its not required if you buy BF3 retail. Whats the point of origin anyway? Other then downloading games, is there really a point to it? For talking to friends while gaming and stuff like that there is already Steam and xfire. I could see if it was only used to download the game, but i just dont get the rest. All of their other games did fine with out origin.

Its called competition vs the big mean moneymachine called steam

Yeah, thats true. But doesnt EA have enough money? Im sure they will make alot of money from sales on battlefield 3 alone. And im pretty sure that most of the PC community would prefer steam over origin. It just seems like a waste of time imo.

edit: Still, im gonna reserve all judgment till i actually try it out myself. It just seems like they are losing some sales for not putting it on steam. But i have to say, people really need to stop complaining about it. Other companies have to make money too.

Luke said:

Yeah, thats true. But doesnt EA have enough money? Im sure they will make alot of money from sales on battlefield 3 alone. And im pretty sure that most of the PC community would prefer steam over origin. It just seems like a waste of time imo.

edit: Still, im gonna reserve all judgment till i actually try it out myself. It just seems like they are losing some sales for not putting it on steam. But i have to say, people really need to stop complaining about it. Other companies have to make money too.

dont forget the entire console ea franchise wiht the madden and all that hsit they put out each year that people freak out over every year pretty much smae game everyone buys it wtf

Luke said:

A company can never get "enough" money.. If that were the case, they could just shut down now and live happily. Everyone wants more.

Origin is terrible!!

How about this.

They all fuckin' suck. EA sucks, Valve sucks, Money grubbing sucks.

Can't play valve games without Steam.

Can't play EA games without Origin.

It's always some stupid ass argument here about which is better, it's like little kids arguing about which flavor of ice cream is better.