EA Origins Service

It has been a LONG time since I have posted anything on RazeTheWorld. Its good to be back. Anyway have any of you heard about this EA Origins crap? The pc gaming system that EA is trying to force down our throats if we want their games. They are trying to copy the steam community, and they will fail. I don't even know why they bother. All I know is if I don't see Mass Effect 3 make it to steam, I will be a very angry gamer. I am sure there will be thousands of others along with me. I found a petition just a few minutes ago and thought I would post it on raze in case anyone agrees with me about this EA Origins thing. All who agree should sign the petition. Make EA realize their stupidity in messing with the PC gamers.

http://www.petitiononline.com/EAmistak/petition.html

AT LAST SOMEONE IS DOING SOMETHING FOR THE PC GAMING/COMMUNITY, AND ALL YOU CAN DO IS BASHING THEM!!!

Ofc it's EA, and we all love Steam, but at least they try.

I don't blame them for trying, but if you know anything about EA. This is about the money. If they really cared about the gaming community, they would let us choose to buy it on steam, their platform, or any other instead of forcing us to use their service.

2nd petition i signed.... fuck this origin exclusive shit....

its this simple, make the game available for steam and origin.... implement features i like that steam does not have... and i might switch, but don't FORCE it... give consumers a choice.

QQ guys they are trying to keep some life in pc gaming and to make money instead of giving it all to Valve.

" ZOMG A COMPETITOR TO MY FAV SOFTWARE, LETS ALL HATE ON IT SO THE MARKET WONT GET ANY COMPETITION OR LOWER PRICES"

Now stop screwing that logic guys

Yea Orgin sucks and EA sucks and its ridiculous that you cant buy the games on steam, and its cool that someone is putting together a petition....but srsly guys??? it seems like you always hear people bitch about EA and talk about boycotting their games and shit, and then you see the same people playing the newest battlefield or crysis or dragon age. Yea EA sucks...but why are there so many PC gaming hypocrites?

wooly4 said:

Yea Orgin sucks and EA sucks and its ridiculous that you cant buy the games on steam, and its cool that someone is putting together a petition....but srsly guys??? it seems like you always hear people bitch about EA and talk about boycotting their games and shit, and then you see the same people playing the newest battlefield or crysis or dragon age. Yea EA sucks...but why are there so many PC gaming hypocrites?

How else can EA get people to their service if kids keep boycotting before giving it a chance? The solution is forcing them over.

Id love some competition off from the steamonopoly thats been around a few years now

like i said... prove to me your service is better... listen to the consumer and add things he/she wants and THEN i wil lswitch to it.... i dont want to be forced to use your product to be able to play a new game.... valve hase a decent thing going with steam, and i would like to see games come out for that as well.... if i was EA, i would do something like this:

*release for both steam / origin

*after a while, come out with free dlc if you use origin, you have to pay like 5 dollars on steam... people will try out origin and see if they like it.

*after people start using origin... start releasing games at lower prices on origin.... derp, people are going to use it....

lolololololol free DLC from EA?!!?!?? lololololololol

The reason gamers "bitch" about EA is because they are all about the money, where as Valve and other companies are about the gamers. I have no problem with EA releasing a new platform, I do however have a problem with them making it impossible for me to buy Mass Effect 3 on steam, even though I have loyally bought the first two and loved them.

MaxiMachine said:

The reason gamers "bitch" about EA is because they are all about the money, where as Valve and other companies are about the gamers. I have no problem with EA releasing a new platform, I do however have a problem with them making it impossible for me to buy Mass Effect 3 on steam, even though I have loyally bought the first two and loved them.

"Valve and other companies are about the gamers. "

whistle TF2 Whistle

All about dem gamers

GreenSLi said:

"Valve and other companies are about the gamers. "

whistle TF2 Whistle

All about dem gamers

+1

MaxiMachine said:

for me to buy Mass Effect 3 on steam, even though I have loyally bought the first two and loved them.

see my above post about how u guys are enabling what EA is doing by continuing to buy their games

Well. I got my Crysis 2 CD-Key from EVGA last week, and I had to activate it through Origin.

My first thought was "Oh fuck. SHIT!", but since it's 31.9MB, and I have an EA account I thought, why not... got the game for free anyways.

So, I installed it, and it all worked, connected my account, Crysis 2 was available, ready to download - IT WORKS !!!

Downloading and installing took less than 1½ hour (I have 15 megabit/s - 1.5MB/s)

Crysis 2 worked fine, finished the game in three days, and havn't opened Origin since then.

As long as the shit is working, and they sell their games at reasonable price, I won't complain.

But still, I love Steam. Specially their grande sales :)

I am giving this service a chance, as I've stated before. I just hope they do some competitive pricing and that's going to be hard. Steam gives us really good prices and that's why they have so many people using their service. There's currently one of those price slashing marathons on steam going right now and I've seen a lot of games I would have bought if I wasn't so tight on money. Although if Amnesia Dark Decent makes it there it's going to my list of games.

What I'm looking forward to from Origin is:

1) No stupid DRM crap. You buy the game, you play it on how many computers you want as long as you long in to your account. This is perfectly reasonable and expected.

2) Nice Community features. I'd like to see forums, profiles, clans, achievements, etc.

3) Good support and bug fixing.

4) Support the Indie Developers. I like how Steam has Meatboy, Amnesia Dark Decent, Braid and other games like that.

BTW, is anyone getting the prices in something that's not Euros? Because that is like $70 once you convert them. And I'm not paying anywhere near that.

I find this funny:

[img]http://jpg.artige.no/store/7694.jpg[/img]

they have put too much money into this to let any petition stop them your wasting your time.

Well, looks like I'll buy EA games in-store now.

Also, I find it funny that devs see piracy as a huge deal, because it isn't as big as everyone thinks it is, and piracy is ALSO done on the consoles and nowadays pretty much any computer-like device (even the iPhone).

MaxiMachine said:

With TF2 being F2P with hats galore I have to disagree with you. Valve wants to make money just as much as EA. It's a business. People are so opposed to Origin because it is human nature to not like change.

FM-Fr4gm4n said:

With TF2 being F2P with hats galore I have to disagree with you. Valve wants to make money just as much as EA. It's a business. People are so opposed to Origin because it is human nature to not like change.

Very well put.

Valve isn't a company made only to satisfy gamers, it's a company that like ANY other company, wants to earn the most money