Dye matching with hexadecimal color codes?

I have some plastic I need to dye a very specific color, how ever I have no idea how I would go about doing that. Does anyone have any tips on how I would be able to do this? Also sorry if this is the wrong sub-forum, if any of the mods want to move this thread do it.

Need a little more details. and Uhm it can be easy or hard depending on color and expensive or cheap depending on how you want to do it. If you have a custom hydrodipping graphics place near you they maybe able to find you the specific dye.. but like I said I have no idea what you are trying to accomplish and I need more details to give you a better answer

I'm trying to dye a 3DS XL shell and buttons to the PAL and Japanese SNES color scheme. Here are the colors if you want them. 

Main controller: #a8aaaa

D-Pad Indentation: #a3a5a4

D-Pad: #3c3331

D-Pad Arrows: #515151

Face Button Ring: #717679

Diagonal Face Button Connectors: #a2a3a0

A Button: #eb1a1d

B Button: #fece15

X Button: #0749b4

Y Button: #008d45

Start & Select Buttons: #4e5955

Text on Controller: #363a3a

Wire: #080907

First you need to convert your hex color to a recognized industry standard like RAL or Pantone. Most paint shops can mix you some paint if you have a RAL code, or you can pick a color that most closely matches it from the manufacturer's palette.

Have in mind that RGB doesn't directly translate to actual colors because it doesn't take things like surface finish and lighting conditions into account. RGB on a monitor doesn't ever change, but paint is one color at noon and another entirely different one at sunset.

The best way to make it match the original NES color scheme would be to find out what RAL colors they used in manufacturing. That info ought to be somewhere on the net. Aside from that, best you can do is take a piece of NES plastic and compare it visually to the color samples they give you at the paint shop. Nothing beats hands-on visual comparison, but if you still want a quick conversion tool, try RGB.TO

Note about painting plastics - find out what plastic the 3DS shell is made out of (ABS, PET, HDPE, LDPE PMMA etc.), you can find that out by disassembling the shell and looking at the resin identification code. PET in particular is notoriously hard to paint because it's a greasy surface that most paints don't adhere well to. Even if it does, it tends to flake off over time. It's better to do a primer layer first with something specifically designed for plastics, i've read that Krylon Fusion is one producthat works with PMMA/Plexiglas, and it might work for a range of other plastics as well. I've seen people put PET plastics through a propane torch flame to get rid of the oils, but i have doubts as to the effectiveness of that procedure since you need to form a chemical bond between the plastic and paint.

Good luck!