Dumb Phone Recommendation

Hey,
I need a dumb phone recommendation with the following requirements:

• sim
  • durable
  • good battery life
  • no modern apps of any kind (e.g. facebook, twitter, whatsapp etc.)
  • no internet
  • no gps

For some reason I only find dumb phones like the Punkt or Lightphone which are basic phones that cost $200 for some reason. The new Nokia 3310 isn’t a good option because it still has apps like facebook, twitter etc. I want a real dumb phone, no a pseudo-dumb phone with apps. I think I might resort to buying an actual older model. I don’t care about listening to music, or reading ebooks, or google maps or any of that bs. Just want a phone that I can charge once a week and keep in the drawer when I don’t need it.

Thanks.

1 Like

The battery was not that good, but the Cat phone was pretty much worth it’s $200 price.
But that is to actually use as an actual phone, not to sit on a drawer for emergencies.
Also iirc, it has apps, I just never used them. Except like alarm clock or something as a work timer. I didn’t use any internet apps.

And, Wow, I see what you mean about prices

This is here in the UK, and a previous version of the Cat phone, so maybe now it is more gimmicky?

You said dumb phone… but I have an old palm centro that is basically everything you’re asking about :wink:. It wont do much of anything beyond talk and text.

It’s not that I am only going to use it for emergencies, I just don’t use a phone that much.
I am thinking about Nokia 105 any thoughts?

Looks good, practical and affordable. Haven’t used it, so I’d wait for others to opine

Recently I bought a Nokia 216 for my grandpa. He is very happy.