Dual monitors question

Hi. I have a quick question. I have a 24 inch widescreen fullhd monitor and I would like to add a second one just for a while which is a 4:3 HD monitor. Can I do that and game on 1920x1080 on my main monitor and have some termal monitors and other stuff on my second monitor wich runs at 1280x1024 ?

If you do a multi monitor setup it must have the same resolutions across. For example, if you have 2 1920x1080 monitors then yes. 

I do not want to have the same image on both of the monitors. One is for games and the other...for skype, chrome etc. Anyway I did it and works exactly as I wanted with minor exceptions which I'm sure can be fixed.

Why should that be the case? I have a similar setup. I run a 21 inch as a main monitor to game etc. and have a 17 inch for the same and other purposes.

It doesn't need to be the same resolution because I have 2 monitors.  One has a res of 1080p and the other is 1600x900 and it works just fine.

OOOOOOO. oops

The monitors do not matter at all, you can run whatever resolutions you want, just make sure the 1080p monitor is set as the primary one, and you'll be fine.

It is. Thanks for the reply. One problem though. When I game on my main monitor and say I wanna change the song or call someone on skype which I do on my second monitor the game becomes minimized. Is there a way or some kind of software to lock the first screen so I won't be alt-tabed out of the game whenever I click on something on my second monitor ?

Run games in borderless mode. Some of them support it, some of them don't. You can either use tools to force borderless mode or run them windowed.