Dual Monitors and Framerate?

Ok guys so here's what I'm thinking. I'm currently on a 27" monitor (60Hz) with a GTX 560Ti.

If I add another 27" monitor (120Hz) for gaming and just have the other on the side at the windows desktop, will I get a lot less fps in games? I'll just be running the game on the 120Hz and the other monitor will be on the desktop for browsing, music, etc.

Basically wondering if I'll see any significant FPS drop or need another video card.

Thanks! :)

No there won't be any frame drop unless you're viewing some HD content on one monitor while playing a game on the other.

Even if there is a drop, it isn't noticable.

Destroyed007 said:

No there won't be any frame drop unless you're viewing some HD content on one monitor while playing a game on the other.

Even if there is a drop, it isn't noticable.

This^

I run 3 monitors (1x 26" and 2x 22"). I game on the 26" and keep steam chat open on the other monitors. The only time I see a drop in frames is when I'm watching a video on one of the other screens while I'm gaming.

Alright thanks a bunch!

Unfortunately my 560Ti doesn't have a display port, but I should be able to use a DVI-D (Dual Link DVI) cable to get 120Hz right?