Dual GPU setup, switch GPUs from host to guest and vice versa?

Hello, I am running a dual GPU VFIO setup with Looking Glass. Arch Linux, KDE, SDDM, X11.

I recently started gaming more on Linux but some games require Windows to run, hence I end up using both platforms for gaming.

I have an RX 570 assigned to Linux and a GTX 1070 to the VM. I am planning on upgrading the 1070 to one of the new RDNA3 cards in the near future.

Ideally I would like to have my strong GPU assigned to Linux for everyday and Linux gaming and then dynamically pass it through to Windows when I start the Windows VM. I would like to be able to use Looking Glass instead of having the display show either one OS or the other.

Are there any scripts or binaries available that can provide this functionality?

This is my setup as well. See this thread where I got everything working.

1 Like

Word of warning, I occasionally cannot release the gpu from the linux host. This is usually an app like firefox that has assigned the GPU to it’s rendering pipeline and closing the app allows the GPU to be released (assigned to vfio). There are other times where I haven’t been able to pinpoint the issue and I end up rebooting as I’m too lazy to try and identify the root cause.

PLEASE IGNORE THIS POST EDIT

1 Like