It is CES time, the time of the year where crazy new concept tech is shown to the public. This, and my short exchange with @PhaseLockedLoop in the lounge, made me think, what would the ideal mobile device of people in the Level1Techs community look like. Think of this thread as a place to dream up the ideal mobile device to suit your needs. Think both hardware specs/ form/ functionality and software features.
- Keep it somewhat realistic! Your dream device should be possible with current technology. You can go to the cutting edge, but a mobile phone with the compute power of a full tower desktop, a smartphone powered by an RTG and a portable holo deck are out.
- Think about whether you would really use the device you dream up in the real world. You probably don’t want to run around like a cyborg, or with a clutter of different tech for all circumstances in your backpack.
- Try to post your own idea before you look at the other posts. This way we may get a bigger variety of ideas. You can post what features of other peoples ideas you like afterwards.
- Add as many details and specs as you like, i.e. Screen tech (IPS,OLED,E-ink,…), resolution, battery life, weight, storage, memory, face unlock, multi factor, hardware key, processor, co-processors, headphone jack, wireless, 4G, camera, keyboard (layout, function keys), all the IO !, oscilloscope, operating system, VPN to your secret bat-cave, repairability, game streaming service, … . Keep rule 1 in mind though. Everything you add takes up space and/or other resources.
- Have fun discussing your ideas!
I will add my own ideas later, but I don’t want to stear you in certain directions in the beginning.