Dream Phones?

The more that leaks out about the oneplus 6, the less I think I want it… Was going to meet a lot of my requirements- oled, latest soc, finger print, NFC, headphone jack, lots of ram, optimized lanes, asop’ish (at least much better off than many of the other OEMS). But now it will have a notch? Glass back? Uhhhhg

I ended up getting a v30, but I wish it had double the storage (128gb vs 64) and a little more ram (4gb).

1 Like

I’m parcial to LG, my G3 has been serving me well- but I don’t want to ROM again, especially with how it usually makes the camera suck afterwards (I guess the camera firmware is usually proprietary). I also don’t like heavy skins like Samsung and LG, so I’m left with pixel and one plus (moto a close third). I might want a 5t if the 6 turns out to be a flop.

If Samsung brought back the developer edition Galaxy phones for current gen I would be a happy panda.

2 Likes

Would be awesome if at least a few OEMs would do this- have some hardware diversity without the odd consequences that can come with roms.

1 Like

Or a Google Play edition S9/S9+ :wink:

Pretty much Samsung’s hardware people are really good but their software/ROM people are not as good. If they stuck to a more stock AOSP experience it would be stellar.

1 Like

So the oneplus6 is finally “out”. I really expected wireless charging due to the glass back, but no dice. Its looking like my next phone regardless- I’ve really wanted wireless charging for years now, but what is more important is AOSP like ROM, prompt updates and solid hardware (best SOC, lots of fast RAM, above average camera etc).

I want a modern phone that has a 4 to 4.5 inch screen.

dedicated radio with physical on off. usable with all bands
dedicated camera and mic on off switch.
3600+ mah battery must be changeable and chargeable out of the phone.
no front camera
rear camera can be a potato
at least 8 gig of ram
512GB+ of internal storage
dual sim slots
dual sd card
no NFC
no bluetooth
no IR
cpu any 8 core arm
must have unlocked boot loader.
case must be steel or titanium and at least 1.5 mm thick
headphone jack
built in amp and DAC
screen size anything from 4.5 to 5.6 inches with 1080P or better ( its a phone not a movie theater or a camera.)
screen must slide some direction to allow for full qwerty keyboard.( or doverak if thats your thing.)
and the final straw that broke the camels back 2 usb 3.0 ports type c or full size matters not to me.

and priced below $350 out the door no contract.

yeah my dream phone does not exist and has almost zero appeal to normies.

I just want a modern iPhone 4s form factor/chassis with 1 week battery life and a UI that hasn’t been hacked for larger displays. I’d like it to be waterproof.

TouchID is a must.

TLDR: i’d like an update to the iPhone SE, and more battery.

More and more I’m wanting a little area of micro switches that physically disable cameras, mic, GPS, wifi, bluetooth etc.

I’d agree with physical disconnects for them and more battery life.

1 Like