Done with Corsair K70 Lux on Linux

I need help, please. Currently I am running Linux Mint 18.1 Cinnamon Kernel 4.4.0-53-generic. The system is based on a X-99 I7-6850 with 62gb memory and is booting on a Samsung 256NVME with a Asrock x99 Taichi motherboard. Every time, and I mean every time I boot the system I have to reboot it 2 sometimes 3 different time to get the keyboard to work. The mice will work all of the time, other peripherals work every time as well. The only thing I have any problems with is this stupid keyboard. I have tired every USB port on the mother board. I have changed everything in the bios. I am at my wits end.

If its just a compatibility issues, and the keyboard just wont work with linux can someone please suggest one that will.

check this out http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=133929

Yeah that doesn't work. There is an updated ckb driver on github https://github.com/mattanger/ckb-next
but it didn't work for me. There are some USB quirks that you can add but again, it doesn't seem to solve the problem.

Other than corsairs dumbshit electrical/software engineering its a very nice keyboard. A Das Keyboard while expensive is nice and I guarantee it will work with Linux.

If you find a definitive fix keep this thread updated.

I tired the drivers from github and that didn't work either. Thanks for the link though. If I figure anything out I will let you know, but as of right now I will probably end up buying another keyboard.

I wanted to add that the keyboard works perfectly fine under windows, both windows 7 and 10. Its about the only thing that does work right with windows 10.

surprised you have not told us the exact model of keyboard.

Nevermind, noticed you said it in title, derp...

You should try using the latest kernel before buying a new keyboard. Why on earth mint keeps back kernel updates is beyond me.

Latest is 4.10 on mint. You should be able to update to it.

Yep thats a good thing to try.
In the Linux mint update manager, there is kernel manager build in aswell.
He can easally install the 4.10 kernel from there.

FYI, I tried turning the polling switch down to 8 ( the lowest setting ) and I've not had problems the last 5 or 6 bootups, maybe worth a try.

Also I'm on 4.8.0-52-generic Kernel. Any other kernel crashes my video.

Yeah, I've used Mint very very long time ago with the same keyboard(Corsair k70), my media keys didn't work as well as the lights for caps lock and num lock. Updating the kernel fixed everything on the keyboard for me, it also works perfectly fine with distros that use more recent kernel versions.

The classic K70 is different from the K70 LUX. They have separate hardware IDs which is how the kernel recognises them. I have both and the classic K70 works fine.