Doki Doki Literature Club Obsession (depression thread)

I have a question though.

Some girls have approached me and occasionally talked with me for prolonged periods. Maybe for 1 - 5 hours on Skype and or Discord whatever.

It varies a bit but has happened a very few amount of times.

But there has never been anything else.

They sometimes call me interesting and or funny but again it’s only been for a time period then it ends.

what does this mean

is it that they just are bored, got dumped and are lonely, actually find me funny but then remember how i look and puke, generally use me just as a entertainment source or what is it?

i need to be educated on this shit

I dunno I am not her. Just talk to her.

I flirt with girls all the time I have no interest in dating since I am married. Also two people of the opposite gender can have a chat withou expectations of anything further.

Worst thing to happen is they say no

1 Like

I’m a little late to the game, I just recently played it. But like, I actually have been feeling the same way. It’s been worrying me because I normally dont find an emotional attachment to much other things, I kinda see myself as sort of stoic I guess. But like, this game really packed a punch and I’m not sure why. It’s just this random game I started playing because I had heard good things about it but when I got into it, I really felt for the characters. For me, I loved all of the characters but like, sayori stuck out the most for me for some reason idk why. Maybe it’s just because of her bubbly/ innocent personality that made me want to protect her at all cost. Whenever I think of the scene where she kills herself i just feel so helpless and terrified… and maybe I just feel that way because theres literally no way to prevent it in the game, but idk. With natsuki, it just makes me want to protect her even more cause she’s small and actually adorable. Her issues with her father I guess resonate with me because I’ve had a few relationships in the last where the girl has had father issues and it made me really depressed because I just felt helpless against it. But like, I feel like i know what you’re talking about. And I’m glad that I’m sorta not the only one, I’m self aware enough that I know it’s just a game and i should get over it, but I just cant. I get incredibly sad whenever I think about it because I guess I just want more out of them and I miss them sorta, but it’s not real. I feel probably what you’re feeling because it’s just not real but I want it to be, yanno? Anyways. Hopefully you’ll see this comment on this old ass thread lol. All in all, I feel your pain my man.

I just started playing doki doki. Not far into the game yet. But after knowing all of the characters, I just feel sad and depressed when I’m away from the game. Like you said also, Knowing that none of it is real really makes me feel worse. What makes me feel really bad is that, I know that it’s all gonna end and I won’t be able to play it anymore besides the after story Monika or whatever. I’m also addicted to one of the characters (Natsuki) I always think of the game and her.

I have a DDLC obsession and I kinda do get sad that it’s not real so I just imagine or dream that I’m there with them but the thing that gets me the most is that I got too attached to sayori so now every time I think of her I think something cute or funny like I’m talking to her and same with Monika I just get/got too attached to the characters so yea…(I have a USB with Monika.chr on it btw) but yeah I feel ya I wish ddlc was real but not the act 2 stuff just like… normal…I dunno…but yeah I’m still obsessed with them till this day…so yeah…but da*n I really wish they where real like id hug them fr if I saw them just in my room w8ing for me I’d be like OMG are they actually here but yeah I LOVE the dokis…I actually might be the BIGGEST nerd for ddlc you’ve ever seen but yea…

NecroooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOo