Does this really get rid of Nvidia telemetry?

When installing/uninstalling Nvidia drivers, I noticed a telemetry component. Per this article Nvidia does indeed have a telemetry service installed alongside the Windows driver. Further research uncovered a program called TinyNvidiaUpdateChecker which claims to remove the Nvidia telemetry service. The source code is available, but I’m not proficient enough to verify it does what it claims. It also conveniently strips the driver package of GeForce Experience and other bloatware.

I know it’s possible due to doing some fanagaling of AMD drivers to make them install on operating systems that don’t have proper file trees and settings to install proper, while still getting the main components to install. So it would stand to reason that it’s possible on the Nvidia side of things.

Unfortunately I don’t have the time right now to look into it (not sure I’d know where to start), just thought I’d let you know there’s at least a check in the AMD drivers as well to make sure you’re runnig the proper OS and that it’s integrety is good.