Does Anyone Use Raspberry Pi?

https://learn.adafruit.com/pigrrl-raspberry-pi-gameboy/overview

Im hoping i will get the time to do this same thing, but something more a long the lines of a WiiU without the console. Should be the same process as building the gameboy, but instead will use a different housing and a nice big 7" display. :)-

I used mine to mine crypto coins. 

- https://www.dropbox.com/s/v7ogabngg0w9d9y/IMAG0058_BURST001.jpg 

Used a few (4 then 8) to build a small load balanced web cluster. Entirely to benchmark them against a traditional x86 rack server. Let's just say even though it was a 2x Dual Opteron machine from about 10 years ago the server walked over the PI's by a near 500%.

Now they live on as home automation and monitoring nodes.

I built a Gameboy emulator out of my Raspberry Pi, with a 3D printed Gameboy case.

I've setup on it a small TV box with xbian, samba, transmission and sickbeard. Hooked with an ipad charger for feeding 2.1 Amp, so I could give it a little more power for a 2.5 HDD without an extra USB hub. Went with that for 6 months, but then I dusted up an old Atom box, which was still a bit more performant for media player duties and for handling more drives. Now, the Raspi is taking dust instead. Thinking of nailing it to a tree as an "outdoor" server, powered by a battery+solar charger. But, why spend hard money on those parts, just to have it working and with no much purpose? Need a better idea. I wonder how could I use it with something stupid as a bed, for example.

I purchased one and started off by running TikiWiki on it.

The Wiki was ported from a full blown Linux Server and thus didn't run the greatest due to the overhead of apache and mysql. After some reading I decided to convert it to Dokuwiki and Nginx and couldn't be happier. Runs like a champ now and have had no issues with it in the past few months.

I have one and tried out XBMC on it but thats about it,  My dad wants to make a CNC milling machine so i might use Linux CNC on it for that if we can get it working.

Getting one for Christmas Can't wait :D

I use one as an OpenWrt Router and another as super light weight Apache server for hosting embedded pictures on various forums.

I use mine for tor and i2p, with privoxy making them transparent. I'm planning on setting a few of them up with openvpn and creating some sort of privacy tool. The only issue I have now is DNS, because it needs to be configured manually and it seems like I'm going to be working on it for a while. I'm looking at Distributed Hash Tables and P2P DNS. I think I may be in a little over my head though.

I have one, I've used it as an HTPC before, but now that I have a little Pentium D box to do that I have my Pi as a retro game console. I use AdvMAME and AdvMenu, with FTP to upload ROMs easily. For the controller, I went the slightly ghetto but cool route. I bought an iCade core on a discount from Amazon, and then bought an IPAC board, and put that in the icade and wired it up to use MAME's key bindings. Its not as cool as a full blown cabinet, but I love having it portable (I can take it to parties and such, just bring the pi, a cell phone charger, and an HDMI cable)

I can post pics if anyone wants to see

We have one with my flatmate and use it to play movies on the projector booting up XBMC. Works really swell alongside the XBMC remote control mobile app.

1 Like

I use my Pi B+ as a pretty neat toy and a family RaspBMC machine... even got my 5 yo nephew build lego case for it :)

I have a RPi which I use for small test projects like domotica, webcam server, weather station. I also have a Banana Pi which I use as an Owncloud server.

Since my post a few months ago I'm now using my Pi as a local Git repository server.

That is actually a good idea

I wanted to get one to fool around with Linux and somewhat use it as a neeto tech thing. If I were to get one, I was going to buy one of them Motorola Lapdocks and use it as a portable computer.

You can use one of mine to take a picture of my empty char in my basement !
http://174.35.240.25/

Just enter a name for the photo, and it will be saved on the SDcard of the pi, and displayed on the browser

Used to use mine as a NAS, but its just not powerful enough for my uses so its getting dusty