Does anyone run SAS drives in their Gaming Rig

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone runs any kind of sas drive in their gaming pc. I was thinking of getting seagate cheetas, the 15k rpm ones, and was wondering if anyone has used them. Please dont downtalk because they are seagate, these are not the consumer grade ones. If you have any experience using them for gaming, I would like to know how they perform against an ssd.

Thanks,

Crimson

No, as the to use a SAS drive you have to have a SAS controller card. I just use a regular SATA SSD raid.

Plus for the price of a SAS drive, you could buy a couple of SSDs.

Although I do use SAS drives in my servers and they are seagates. I've had no problem with them yet.

Hmm, SAS is interesting but I agree with Zanginator, the performance of a SATA ssd (quality one) is really high.

Back in the late 90's and early 2000's I ran scsi and converted to sata when the performance got good.

However, if you do go SAS you are a man amoung  men! I love useing high end parts in my pc hehe.

I do have 8 sas drives in my gaming rig.  But not out of choice.  An SSD would give higher performance and disk space.  Also, if you have other stuff like maybe file transfers or stuff like that running in the background, that would decrease performance in loading games substantially.  Also, getting faster drives doesn't increase performance, but doe help loading times.  Sorry if you already know that, I just wanted to clarify 

I do have 8 sas drives in my gaming rig.  But not out of choice.  An SSD would give higher performance and disk space.  Also, if you have other stuff like maybe file transfers or stuff like that running in the background, that would decrease performance in loading games substantially.  Also, getting faster drives doesn't increase performance, but doe help loading times.  Sorry if you already know that, I just wanted to clarify