Do you know this US company?

I’d like your experiences with this company:

Based in FL. Sketchy/reliable?, pricing, shipping costs (particularly overseas!) etc. Info much appreciated.

TIA!

I’ve never dealt with them but have heard the name a couple of times.

I wonder if they are like Tiger Direct who I think was based in FL too.

Approach cautiously. A lot their website photos appear to be stock, their Facebook page was created June 2021, and their telephone area code is not from Florida. :triangular_flag_on_post:

Edit: Got on a rabbit trail and did a little more digging… their office address is not really where they are located. The company that actually owns the address markets it as a “virtual office” which offers mail services and has water front offices/conference rooms billable by the minute, day, or week. This doesn’t mean that Sibbex is 100% fraudulent, but they may be taking the “fake it until you make it” approach.

4 Likes

Very good info, thanks :slight_smile:

Many thanks for digging that up 404. They offer a mainboard (including SoC CPU) I’d like to have for under $100 US, while that same board is about 450 euro (~$550 US) over here. Also, they claim it was first released in mid-2018, whereas I know for a fact the manufacturer only released it very late 2020. Conveniently, it shows as Sold Out on their site :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll file this under “if it looks too good to be true, it most certainly is” then :wink:

the prices alone should tell you to stay clear. 80 bux for ddr2
90 bux for a pci gfx card. 400 bux for a refub intel chip you can get on ebay for a buy now price of 230…
yeah stay clear mate :smiley: