Do you have new dramas recommendation?

What are the most popular TV dramas now? I usually watch the Korean dramas and the Japanese dramas . Sometimes the Tail dramas, I seldom watch the American dramas. Do you have any recommendations?
:heart_eyes:

Currently I am loving:

Season 3.

Better Call Saul - Happens a few years before Breaking Bad. Jimmy McGill is trying to clean up his act by going to night school to become a lawyer. The show is about him trying really hard to do the right thing, but assholes (especially his brother) keep tripping him up. Eventually he will decide to say "Why am I being a nice guy? I'm going to be the sleaziest rich lawyer I can be." In this show he is nice guy Jimmy, but in Breaking Bad he has changed his name to sleazy Saul.

You have to start with season 1. Watching Breaking Bad first is not required but it makes the story more interesting. BB was one of the best shows of the past decade. If you haven't seen BB yet, it is truly excellent!

and

Season 3.
Fargo - Based on the movie about inept criminals in Minnesota. Each season is separate story about a non-criminal doing something a little illegal, but it spins out of control and ruins their entire lives. These people are incredibly stupid and do desperate fucked up things to avoid being arrested, but they are only making the trouble much much worse.

You don't have to watch each season in order.

2 Likes

The Americans is not just a show about spies; it goes much further into the life of a family who are hiding the fact that they are spies.

I also enjoy this show. Fictional computer startup during the 70s/80s complete with their own Woz and Jobs type characters, but done it in completely its own way.

2 Likes

Thanks for this comment i have been meaning to watch Fargo but i didn't like the first seasons beginning but now that you say so i'm going to watch the 3rd season .

Season 2 was pretty sick also. Kirsten Dunst is drunk driving and makes it home somehow. When she goes out to the garage the next day, she discovers something something.

Season 3 is Ewan McGregor in a double role as feuding brothers.

so you say season 1 wasn't that good and i should start with season 2?

The Expanse counts as a drama, right?

1 Like

I never said that.

Season 2 takes place before season 1, so it might make sense to watch 2, 1, then 3 is unrelated.

Season 1 was excellent also, it just took a few episodes before it started spinning out of control. Once it did, Holy Shit !

The theme was Billy Bob Thornton was the wolf that Martin Freeman let into his house. You don't want wolves in your house.

Season 2 was a crazy lady that should have admitted her mistake, but instead told her husband "If you love me, you will clean up my mess."

Season 3 is too complicated for me to say anything without completely spoiling it.

Fargo is that rare combination of gritty police drama about horrible events + hilarious stupidity from the people involved.

I only like to watch some romantic dramas... Thanks for your recommendation. :grin:

1 Like

This is the kind of movie I usually hate. But a friend told me it was good and I got it for my GF and I to watch. It is a magical film.

I thought the first season of Mr. Robot was good, but I haven't seen the second season, so I don't know if it's gone downhill or not since then. The draw of the show is that it's a hacker drama, but the "hacks" used are actually somewhat realistic (e.g. guessing a password using names and dates from a Facebook profile). I'm sure they take a few liberties, but I'd consider it similar to a decent medical drama in terms of realism—close enough for jazz.

2 Likes

oh shit thanks im going to watch this

Ok it's a chick flick first but it is quite good.
Historically it is a total joke, king Edward is a good guy and Churchill is a buffooon.
The dialog and the acting is superb however and the characters are well developed.

Is it a romantic dramas? I prefer to watch that kinds. :grin:

Not really, more soap opera-ish then romantic
Reign is much more romantic.

Amazingly Bloody Mary Tudor is the heroine and Queen Elizabeth is a nutjob. Still it is a well done show and when they had a dueling scene I was like "oh.....actual guy stuff I can enjoy"

My girlfriend recommends Girls and a Norwegian series called Skam (or Shame, to the international audience), especially season 3. Lots of the episodes are on Youtube with English subs, but you might be able to find them elsewhere in better quality. Here is Season 1 Episode 1 to get you started :slight_smile:

I'll have a look at these, looks interesting.

I'm going to suggest to the girlfriend that we watch this. Thanks man!

1 Like