Do you guys use controllers to play PC?

Do you guys use controllers to play PC?

Beat Dark Souls with M&K, a game so broken that many would consider you to be clincally insane to do it. But I turned out normal right?....

I have a 360 controller hooked up for gta and some other games wish I had a wheel for racing games...

OfTopic:
Wow, a lot of dark souls players here... I am pleasantly surprised by this forum... Again...

Hate that game with a passion but it was to prove a point.

Hell yeah. I love using my Dualshock 3 in linux :3 Borderlands 2 will never be the same to me.

Anything driving/flying, I use controller. Especially anything helicopter based. Using Xbox1 controller now, and am replacing it with the steam controller.

Oh yeah... It makes me so angry every time. But nobody can deny it's a brilliantly designed game... But i fully and i mean fully understand your passionate hate to it...

Eh, idk there is a lot wrong with it imo. Especially DS2, this guy basically sums it up for me.
Buckle up its a long one.

I only use my mouse for minecrarft... use my controller for everything else, even multiplayer fps

We are going really oftopic, but i am talking about the first one... 2 was literally designed by committee, and it shows... The first was Miazaky... Obviously, the third one will be Miazaki again, so i will play it no matter what... Well, until it makes me so angry, that i destroy my beloved PC... God, i hope not...
PS: Yes, i agree with most points in the video... And yeah... Committee design...

I've heard the build quality on the newer controllers is crap so, 360 is a good choice, it's what I use :P at least until there's an alternative with about 8 more buttons on it.

yeahh... but its ugly. <_>
also 20$. thats 19.56$ more than i can spend ATM :P

fancy seeing you here.
again.
(still not xD )

how is the dualshock feel? i havent held one since the non-joysticked PS1 era.

Xbox controller to play Mirror's Edge. I can't say enough about that game. I rarely get into single player games, but this one has me hooked. I'm very excited for the new one too!

I only use a gamepad for things that aren't practical to use a keyboard and mouse, so very few things: mostly indie games. I used to have a Logitech something-or-other, but it died. I've been in the market for a new gamepad, but I don't want the Xbox one, and it must be wired with vibration. All the wired ones appear to be of lesser quality now, it sucks. u_u Why would anyone want wireless for PC gaming? It boggles the mind. >_<

Lel my friend beat DS1 with only the keyboard XD

I much prefer DS3 over any other controller. I also hate Microsoft. I do have an Xbox 360 controller but never ever used it on PC nor did I pay for it.
Xbox controllers are absolutely horribly designed, they even feel cheap and like they're full of empty space.
I can connect to it via standard Bluetooth OR USB.
Same with PS4 controller, than use DS3 tool :)
I can emulate any controller, and dualshock works great (everything's configurable).

1 Like

when the game is basically a console port.

1 Like

I grew up on consoles, and even my first "gaming" experiences on my computer was always playing SNES/NES/Sega emulators; so when I got into PC gaming (steam), I immediately ran out and bought Xbox 360 controllers for PC. I love them. I play Skyrim, Thief, Bioshock, Tomb Raider, GTA games, KotOR 1&2, and tons of indie games.

I want more multiplayer games too. Currently I play Brawlhalla, Sonic & All Stars Racing, and Rayman Origins (mostly with my little sister in law). Those are great games but some of the few I've been able to find at all.

TL;DR Controllers = nostalgia / fun with friends

Only when I'm Laying Down and or playing a game that requires it / the keyboard controls suck.

I'll connect my TV to my PC and Play some Games with a Remote. for example Mortal Kombat. (Yeah you're not playing that with a Keyboard..) or any Game from Capcom. their PC games. the keyboard inputs are massive turds.