Do not get the gtx 1070 ti

>what is market segmentation

2 Likes

I know that some people feel that my thread makes no sense. Bit this feels like the pc platform is being turned into a console based system. I know that sounds stupid. But in the case of nvidia. It feels like they are taking away overclocking from us. What joy is their gonna be anymore in getting an nvidia card where you overclock it. And it’s really just like all the other cards from that line up. The multitude of cards that they have binned from this generation is insane. And is ruining the fun for graphics overclocking.

Cool we can close the thread till then

7 Likes

You do realize that not everyone overclocks right…

6 Likes

Vega 56 is at lowest $749 CAD. If the 1070 Ti is in stock and cheaper while performing the same or better than a Vega 56, I have zero reason not to recommend it to people.

4 Likes
4 Likes

And Nvidia could remove all oc features in future cards and there is nothing people can do about it.

2 Likes

You’d be better of getting Vega 64.

1 Like

At least there is a reason to get a GTX 1080 Ti over the Titan XP, can’t say the same for this strange 1070 Ti, no idea where this places besides just above Vega 56 in performance, one thing’s for sure, don’t expect MSRP for it.

I do have hopes for vega gpus. But they do not seems to be doing much at the moment.

That is the entire point of this card

3 Likes

Aren’t most GPU’s gimped versions of there flagship counterparts?

Also ill wait to see how it preforms and priced before i make a choice.

2 Likes

Yes but the GTX 1080 already fitted the bill and sometimes is found at a decently low price where it can compete and kick the Vega 56’s butt. This makes the GTX 1070 Ti a bit redundant, it’s like the rebranded Polaris in a way except it’s just one card and it is actually a better 1070, but still.

If anything, a GTX 1060 Ti would have been a better idea.

Arn, I feel like you’re misunderstanding me, I agree with kewldude, not everyone overclock and neither are we entitled to it, binning chips is nothing new.
If nv wants to take underperforming 1080 chips and gimp them for the 1070ti that’s all well and good.

Let’s reiterate this though

WAIT FOR PRICING AND BEMCHMARKS.

2 Likes

Good on you

Meanwhile this thread title is don’t buy this thing you can’t even buy

2 Likes

I feel that just a regular gtx 1080 is the sweet spot between all cards form the gtx or vega line up.

2 Likes

That’s pretty much what I am saying.

Still, we will see soon enough anyways if this card is worth it.

Did a GTX 1070 ti bite you when you were a kid? lol

1 Like

he bought 1070 or 1080

Nope. But 4k 60fps? Or 1440p 144 to 165 hertz. That would be your decision. The gtx 1080 looks better for 1440p if you ask me.