DO LED TV's have a break-in period? LG UHD 4K LED TV (55UH6030)

------------------------LG UHD 4K LED TV (55UH6030)---------------------

DO LED TV's have a break-in period? like plasma TV's?

I turned my new TV on last night and it was super dark! i think it got better after about 2 hours of use but i couldn't tell for sure if it was just my eyes getting used to it or not?

If they do need a break in period should I just leave brightly colored cartoons on for a few hours or should I download a color loop or just use it as a I normally would?

this is the first "Good" TV I've ever owned and i don't want to mess it up!

2 Likes

It should work at optimum out of the box, return the item for replacement or refund.

okay, thanks for the Info mate, Ill have to do that tomorrow then.

DId you go through the settings and see if you can turn up the brightness?
Some TVs have power saving settings that will automatically dim/brighten the screen depending on the ambient light, look for this in the settings as well.
Actually, just open up the users manual and see what all is available.

I did, I turned of "power saving mode" & "Eye strain protection" & I flipped through the presets, the only one that made any difference was "VIVID" witch did brighten it up just a hair but i could not find a direct brightness scale setting =(

Maybe this won't be helping. But different picture modes have different brightness, even if on the scale they are the at at the same number.

On my TV, movie mode is darker then eco mode even tho they are both set to 30.

yeah I noticed that the "VIVD", preset had the highest brightness setting from the looks of it.

1 Like

Ours is a couple years old and still just as bright.

1 Like

Most of the time the picture setting in the box is set to look artificially VIVID when under store lighting next to a row of other TV's. All the manufacturers have non-accurate color initially, because a properly calibrated screen will look dull compared to an over-saturated screen right next to it on the shelf. Even my cheap TV looks pretty good once I adjusted it.

It does sound like your dim TV may be defective. I don't know. I have never heard of this problem before.

Thanks for this

Idk wtf was going on with it yesterday but it looks pretty good now. I guess it did need a few hours to break it.

LG's have never been my preferred choice brand of TV... I'd choose a Samsung over them anyday but that's just my opinion