DIYnamic DIYscussions: what are you working on?

Post projects, self-builds, and wacky shit that you're working on that don't deserve an entire blog/thread.

Right now I'm recabling and repairing a pair of Beyer DT 880 Pros that decided to lose internal connection on me:

I've got a 4 pole jack, plan on recabling this to accept balanced TRRS or mini XLR input, and converting the existing cable to modular.

I love beyer drivers but their build quality and serviceability are garbage

2 Likes

Made some nice progress tonight on one of my projects...

2 Likes

are you making a tiny lazy susan?

1 Like

haha, nope... but is a bearing for one...

I'll make a full post when it's done, but here's some more teaser content for the same project.

2 Likes

oh shit, is this gonna be a monlithic sonosub? how many liters and what drivers?

1.21 gigawatts!

haha, no, but a very good guess! It's actually a fancy light switch for my Hue lights.
8" across, outer wheel controls brightness while inner the color temperature.

I already have it working but need to finish assembling it.

I'm hoping against hope that this is for a room and not a PC.

are you just direct attaching the slab to a beefy pot, or using some sort of wipe switch/hall effect voodoo?

DIYnamic reporting in!

1 Like

well shieeet, got any cool projects?

I got some youtube stuff in the pipe. Not DIY though. But I did just get a soldering kit and looking for some ideas. Thought I'd come here; do you got any?

there's all sorts of trouble you can get up to. what kind of kit you got laying around?

@tkoham

Nothing fancy, but it should get the job done.

making a quiver out of the leather from a old couch i "skinned" years ago. currently stretching it to remove any wrinkles before i cut it. going to stretch and clamp it to a piece of scrap wood then drill holes for the paracord then cut out the pieces with a circular saw, and sew it all together. eventually going to start making arrows when i get a lathe. will consider making my own bows from scratch when i have a place that i can leave a few pieces of yew for years at a time and not worry about it or need the space.

1 Like

Shoot, you could always build yourself some quality speakers or make some IoT free home automation gear, sky's the limit

It has a wifi chip so the pc isn't involved.

It's continuous rotation. It uses an encoder wheel with optical sensors to get the rotation.

You could always 3D print a better housing...

:)

At some point I want to make my own mouse but I haven't a clue on where to begin with the electronics.

1 Like

garbage to brittle/flimsy garbage isn't exactly an upgrade.
It's still a cool project though.

ball mouse would be pretty simple. afaik they're just like 3 rotary encoders, 3 tac switches and some generic discrete logic.

I would want it to be new kit. So, either a laser or an optical sensor. I also don't want to just "re-shell" an old mouse. Think high level prototype that is production ready. It would just use generic usb drivers so that you could plug it in to any system. I would also like to have it be wireless with the option of plugging it in to charge and transmit data.