Diy Water cooling experiment "Project FLEXSEAL"

so ghetto +1

Did you sand the bottom to make sure it has nice smooth contact?

2 Likes

and so begins the real test
35.4c at start. psensor deb files didn’t to install and same with 60% of its dependencies dunno but not worth my time at the moment.

it was near mirror when I got the block came in a 2 set, plus I’m using a graphite thermal pad for TIM so it needs to make good contact or it does nothing really

39.5c after 30 minutes on the loop cpu stress test

The Pentium 4 ht 3.0Ghz has a higher tdp than a ryzen chip at 65 watts so success! for short term load now a 3-24h load

after the 3hour 100% load the loop got to 43.5c after a hour and a half and was stable at that temperature. the only thing is the rad took a veryyyyyyyyyyyyyy long time to cool down

3 Likes

I wonder if the alphacool Passive radiators would perform close to this. :thinking:

1 Like

@VanillaWaferX with a tiny digging i found this and the cpu he used is close but pushed hard and because the surface area is greater it will cool down way faster,

2 Likes

Interesting. 2005 too. Cpu blocks have changed alot since that NexXxos he’s using.

1 Like

I will probably end up with 3 or 4 of these rads before my project is done and a better pump and fittings. I intend to use this once i am done too so a case build may follow. mostly aluminum brackets and rivets nothing fancy .

1 Like

1 Like

the loop may change to a a mix of dual and single pass so the water moves from the rads to the reservoir

2 Likes

Maybe put the radiator tubes vertical instead of horizontal.
That way you can use the passive upward stream of warm air.

2 Likes

Probably for the best. It’s a napkin drawing subject to change

Ive been lurking in here for a while. Just wanted to say that I love what you are doing with this project. Keep it up!

1 Like

Cool. I should cool a G5 this way lol.

1 Like

So the work to the next step has begun. I’m mostly waiting on a new water block to continue on to testing with a ryzen 3 1200 on gigabyte b350n itx. finding the water block was really important for this due to the fear of mixing metals. I will update more soon on getting better formatting for the information I have gained and making it easier to read.

Here is the mobo and cpu (ryzen 3 1200), was a craigslist score the ram was bad “untested” 50$ bundle … all that was wrong was the ram! I will be putting 2x4gb ddr4 3200mhz when I get to that point.

2 Likes

That’s the type of computer deal we all would kill for.

6 Likes

Apple g5’s came liquid cooled in some configs so this woudn’t be hard really