Distinctly 90's/early-aughts Music of All Genre [Let's make a super list]

Well....that's a massive shot in the arm for this list...it's gonna take me awhile to get through all of these!

1 Like

The mid-90s were my clubbing days, so I included local chart toppers as well as the big club hits.
Wouldn't be surprised if you had never heard a lot of the club hits before, Belgium and the Netherlands had their own scene with very specific music styles.
I tried to generalize, but some of them might be very region-specific (Charlie Lownoise & Mental Theo for example, can't imagine that they are well known internationally)

1 Like

Yeah man, it's cool. Besides, I'm not trying to build the list solely on JUST chart toppers, but also any other music of that era that sounds distinctly from that era.

Your list actually even linked me to other similar artist, particularly with Pearl Jam I was reminded of Soundgarden and Alice In Chains, so we got some good coverage in the grunge scene of the 90s.

I'm still sorting through your full list, I only made it mid way through 1992 before my internet was like "Oh, you're doing that work again? Let me slow to 20kbps for you."
I might have to go through the rest of the list later...but feel free to include more. The more comprehensive this list is, the better.

Here's a long list of songs and bands.

thats dope

You've done it now!

was the prodigy 90's? if so, quintessential electronic artist right there.

Here's some soap, go wash your mouth.

:-P

They were formed in 1990 indeed and their biggest successes were in that era.

I made a 90s rock/alt-rock/grunge playlist a while back that includes most of the tracks that I really like. Tons of great 90s and 00s stuff to go around. My favorite trance was also ~2007 and previous. Might link some of that in a bit, but a lot of it wouldn't be 'chart topper' stuff.

Playlists includes:
Days of the New
Cracker
Moby
Local H
The Toadies
Crash Test Dummies
Soul Asylum
Rollins Band
Rage Against the Machine
Seven Mary Three
Candlebox
Spacehog
Mad Season
Temple of the Dog
Stone Temple Pilots
Silverchair
Live
REM
Pearl Jam
Alice in Chains
Soundgarden
Collective Soul
Spin Doctors
Living Colour
Smashing Pumpkins

Some of the big trance tracks that I think deserve mention in this thread would be:

Robert Miles - Children (Original version) (1996)
BT - Flaming June (1997)
System F - Out of the Blue (1998)
Paul Van Dyk - For An Angel (PvD E-Werk Club Mix)
Solarstone - Seven Cities (V-One's Living Cities Remix) (1999)
Sasha - Xpander (1999)
Push - Tranzy State of Mind (Club Mix) (2002)

No jam and spoon

disgusting

like I said - 'some . . . ' :D

Sorry for the long wait. I moved homes...actually I moved countries...so yeah, forgive me on the delay.

I made a pretty big update, most of the added songs are electronic. Lots of 90's electronic love.

The entire Titan AE Soundtrack

Lou Bega Mambo number 5........timing is everything "A little Monica"
Fun gagsta rap

But the 90's were all about the Dance music and having fun.

How the bleep am I the one to mention CC and the music factory......thought I was the old fart in the forum