Displays wont turn off/sleep after x mins of inactivity

Hello all. Recently I have realized that even though i have it set for my PC to turn off the display after 15 mins and go to sleep after 30 mins of inactivity it never does. Any ideas on how to fix this? 

Im not normally one to bump threads but

A. i feel its better to bump this one instead of creating a new one, and

B. I have posted this question on various sites and did quite a bit of googling and havent received even a single reply

Try this in command Prompt , " Powercfg -devicequery wake_armed" and see if there any hardware keeping it from sleeping.

If its not that, then its some software that running active that prevents the display to turn off.

I was having the same problem. My computer wouldn't go to sleep whether I forced it to or waited for it to sleep. It would just wake up after less than a second. 

Try forcing it to go to sleep (start menu, power options thingy, And click sleep). If it wakes up open the cmd box and type "powercfg -lastwake" (without " "). That should tell you what woke your computer up from sleep. 

I'll also link you to my thread:  https://teksyndicate.com/forum/windows/hush-little-windows-dont-say-word/173291

I got my computer to eventually sleep with the help of various people. Hopefully it helps you too. 

Thanks i fixed it. Typing that in the command prompt allowed me to see that the wireless usb thing from my old wireless mouse was still plugged in the back usb port, it was causing the PC to not sleep/turn off display.