DisplayPort over 7m "Would this setup work?"

For my setup i need the minimum of 7.5m in length for 2xHDMI, DP, DVI connections. Because, i know DP is limited to 5M, i need some kind of “special/repeater” cable discussed already Here.

So i came up with this:

Cable to get from my PC to my monitors

To go from mini to normal for the GPU and hub.

The hub for connecting up to 3 i believe 4k60hz monitors which is enough for now. “EVGA has one for less and has better ratings”

After that i can put on adapters from DP to whatever i need.

Now the question is if it’s going to work? Anyone done something similar? Is there a better option? Please let me know.

Can i ask why do you want your pc 7 meters away?

Really?.. It’s in the basement where i have it in a rack cabinet and i am in the 1nd floor (or 2nd for Americans).

Now do you have any experience with any of above hardware?

Well i don’t see why it would not work. But also i doubt anyone here would have used those parts as in usd you are looking at around $300 in cables. And you might not want to sound like a ass when you respond to someone.

1 Like

Didn’t Linus tech tips do something similar to this via lighting cables or something? He had the computer rack mounted in the closet and ran 1 wire out which carried Keyboard mice and video i think.

2 Likes

What resolution and frame rate are you trying to get? If your trying for 1080p or 1440p at 60hz I think it would work. If your trying for 4k probably going to have a tough time getting that.

That’s what i thought. It’s more for future investment if i decide for 4k monitors. Will have to look up some review if this works.
Right now 3440x1440 95hz a 1080p tv and a 1680x1050.

Yep he used the same corning cables but with the thunderbolt interface. Like i wrote i have to use my gpu. Have a usb hub already for everything else than video signal.
PS: The reason i included the optical is the repeater cables work but only for 1080p.