Displayport daisy chain on windows notebook

Hi,

because of known reasons at the moment I’m on home office. At home I have two monitors with display port and I’m using daisy chain to connect both using only one display port connect. This works fine on my Linux PC.

When I now connect it to my HP windows notebook from work (which only has one display port connection) it also seems to work. The Problem is when I close the Notebook lid the daisy chained Monitor looses its signal and I can only use one of the Monitors (The notebook is not going to sleep as I can still use one monitor to continue working).

I would like to use my two monitors while closing the notebook lid. Unfortunately I was not able to find any information on google.

Does anyone now if there is any windows setting which would influence this?

BR
Thomas

I presume you have checked the “when I close the lid, do nothing” menu option?

If you have a triple monitor setup the best way to keep it live is to disable the monitor power save. Use a blank screen screensaver instead.

I’ve had similar issues with sleep modes on my windows boxen (laptop and desktop) and the only solution I found was to force on from boot the setup I wanted and then let it run.

Hi,

thanks for your answer. Yes I have disabled monitor power off as this can create problems. I also checked “when I close the lid, do nothing”.

Unfortunately this does not help. When I close my lid my second monitor just loses its signal.

BR
Thomas