Displayport cutting out, AOC U3477PQU (Ultrawide)

Hello,

I bought a new displayport 1.2 cable http://www.amazon.de/LINDY-41532-CROMO-DisplayPort-Stecker/dp/B007PKPUIK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1454778347&sr=8-1&keywords=LINDY+41532 2 meters model.
The monitor still makes the popping sound but only one/two times per day (before it was much more frequent), and the image flickers for a fraction of a second. Instead of sending the monitor back I have decided to live with it and keep it. It doesn't bother me anymore if the problem occurs so rarely, however I am afraid in time, if this would damage the monitor in any way. I can't be sure if it will become worse in time... Do you have any advice?

Really, I don't know... mine still drops signal and remains off... sometimes comes back, but about 50/50, it stays off.

I changed the volume to 0 of the monitor (I don't use the monitor speakers anyway) and no more pooping sound. I still get the image flicker though but very rarely with the new cable.

update: Today, when I turned on the monitor, another flicker appeared (no more pooping) and after that the screen was tearing very bad from the middle, vertically. There were like 2 different screens from the exact middle of the display, the right one being about half a second delayed. It was very disturbing, when I moved a window on my desktop, I had to wait for the right part of the screen to move ... I restarted and the problem got solved, however I can't take this as a good sign...

Mine literally just started doing that now, just after waking the screen up...

Turned it off and back on again (switch next to the power cable, not the on/off button) & it's back...

So my dilemma is, return the monitor and change it with a new one in hope that it has no issues and no backlight bleed or keep this one and hope it wont get worse in time (I should decide until the end of this week, after that I can't return it anymore) ... Very hard for me to decide. Of course I will have the warranty after that, but I don't like waiting for them to fix it, if they will fix it that is. Did AOC respond? Seems they ignored my message...

@carabina, @xXDeltaXx

Bad news, I purchased a 28" AOC U2868PQU 4K monitor in early December and had pretty much the same symptoms as you have been describing. I swapped out cards, drivers and cables. For a while it seemed to improve; things still happened but infrequently until I had the monitor on for an extended period - around 10 hours. After that the left hand side of the screen would momentarily lose it's horizontal sync and flicker, the longer the monitor was on the more it did it. I tried running at a lower resolution using DVI-D instead of DisplayPort but after a while it started doing it on that too.

In the end I RMA'ed it back to Scan who strangely confirmed it had backlight bleed and 2 dead pixels (rather than the problem I described) and offered a swap for another one. Instead I opted to have a 32" Samsung 1440p screen and pay the extra. I'm glad I did as it's a much better screen and 1440p at 32" is such a nice resolution to work at but now my 980Ti feels like overkill for most of the games I play :-)

I guess I'm going to get back to Overclockers and link this thread - let them see all of the problems, and ask for a refund / exchange...
It's more money, but I'm thinking of the curved, G-Sync, Acer Predator - I'm after a curved screen and G-Sync for my gaming rig & was going to chuck this AOC onto my CAD rig... now, I need to find something for the CAD rig...

I guess the final option is to rebuild this PC on a blank SSD without the Strix and just use the onboard GPU - see if the issue is there. If not, then maybe there is a conflict with something.

Out of interest, does your screen have DP issues while gaming? - mine does not appear to have as many issues / any issues while a game is running on it...

With this new cable, it seems I only get 1 flicker per day and that occurs after 1-10 minutes when I start my computer and monitor (random between this period). After that it seems that it doesn't make any other flicker. I didn't had time to test more than 4-5 hours per day, so the computer stayed on max. 5 hours powered on, with the new DP cable. Yes this happen also when gaming, I entered a game after powering on my computer/monitor and in 5 minutes a flicker occurred... If it wasn't for that bad tearing that happen once, I wouldn't be so worried.

If you set the volume to 0 from the monitor OSD, u still get the pooping sound?
Did AOC respond? They are still ignoring my message.

I haven't tried the monitor sound as of yet (I do not always get a popping noise) - but I shall...

As for AOC, their stance is that the 1st monitor is fine, therefore this one probably is - so they will offer a replacement and take this 2nd one back... but that will be it.

I'm in the UK, and the support seems to be relatively good at getting back to me. Not sure where you are, but perhaps they are not as good...? How have you tried getting in contact? The e-mail address that I have is AOC@ random company - so I do not know if it truly is AOC, or just a local contracted vendor.
If you try again and get no response within 24 hours (possibly 48 hours, I cannot remember what they claim as their respond time) - message me, and I will give you the UK e-mail... hopefully they can put you in touch with the correct people.

I don't know if this helps at all. But I used to have a 1440p BenQ monitor that did similar things. Turning the sound off in the monitor did help with the issues. I still had the same issues just not nearly as much.

I was going to get this same AOC ultrawide but I opted for the LG 34UC97-S. Glad I did after reading all of this!

Getting 403 errors... too much text...?

Also, tried Spoiler tags to limit the wall of what you see, doesn't do that - just makes it blurry, going to have to add multiple posts... sorry...

@DeusQain @wendell - the topic I mentioned...

Yeah, 403 errors all over the place...

About 1000 words that I cannot post... in short, tried 5 cables on a fresh Windows 7 install, all have issues. 2 won't work with just the generic windows driver & the on board GPU. 3 will, but they have issues with the onboard and it's driver...
My conclusion is:
Windows issue (possible, but unlikely) - going to install Linux and see if I can eliminate Windows.
Driver issue, on board Intel AND discrete Nvidia (either / or, maybe, but hard to believe both)
GPU issue, on board Intel AND discrete Nvidia (again, hard to believe both)
DP Cable issue (possible, but unlikely - tried so many)
Monitor issue... apart from Windows, the one common thing(?)
Suggestions...?
Thanks for reading that, have a cookie.

I returner the AOC and got a Dell U3415W, 34 inch, curved. The problems are gone, however I got a bit of BLB, only visible on full black in all the corners (the black is deeper than with the AOC). Overall the image quality is better, the colors are more vibrant and the curve helps a little.

Unfortunately for me, AOC claim that the first monitor had no issues (suspect they didn't test it). They are willing to exchange the 2nd monitor for a 3rd - but I don't think it's worth it...

So, now I'm testing this 2nd one more and more to try and force Overclockers.co.uk to take it back and either give me a refund or exchange it for something similar.

Issues on 5 different Display port cables, 2x onboard motherboard GPUs, 1x dedicated GPU (soon to be testing a quadro), fresh windows install, used windows install. - multiple combinations of these...
The only common thing is the monitor.

Incidentally, here's an interesting one - Maximus VII Impact - when booting, the top of the screen is black & has the standard ROG logo, but the bottom 3/4 retains the windows screen from the last boot... like it's stuck in the memory or something... not seen it before.

*Update - doesn't do it when connected to the Quadro - so presume it to be an issue with the Impact...

Testing combinations so far...

Hi. Bought this monitor two weeks ago and I also experienced the popping/flickering issues. Maybe did so once every other day, speakers randomly popped and half of the screen flickered for maybe half a second, everything normal afterwards. Was planning on returning the panel though then wondered if it was a cable issue, which you guys seemed to have debunked. Now thinking about returning it and getting an LG, or just dealing with the popping/flickering considering how infrequently it happens (though still nervous that the issue may escalate and result in weird screen artifacts only fixable through unplugging the monitor, like one person here seemed to have experienced). What would you guys recommend? Other factors to consider when returning the monitor are the (gonna estimate) $50 shipping costs and negotiating with the Newegg seller to nullify the 15% restocking fee (apparently they don't charge it if you provide a valid reason for returning the product).

Regardless, I hope that these issues can be resolved, assuming it isn't a monitor hardware problem. That'd be best case considering how nice a display it is.

Well, after consulting overclockers.co.uk, I kind of had to take AOC up on their 3rd monitor (2nd replacement)...

So, 3rd monitor arrived in a battered box with a double shipping label, partially broken polystyrene, a poor attempt at a dust cover for the screen & generally looking used...
Never the less, I'm using it now with the supplied DP cable & it's already popped - the screen came back within a couple of seconds, but I'm not hopeful...

Edit:
And within a second of pressing post, it goes off again, loss of DP signal & eventual return (20 to 30 seconds)

Edit 2:
Always check your screens with Black AND White backgrounds - this monitor has a defective column of pixels...

3rd monitor looks to have been dropped - closer inspection of the box...

4th one should be arriving tomorrow...

You didn't happen to pay by Credit Card did you? If you did get onto your Credit Card provider, under UK law you would be entitled to take this up with them and get a full refund.