Dishonored and playing it on pc

I was finding that doing certain actions seemed a bit more complicated and thus less fun while using a keyboard and mouse on pc for Dishonored and so I wondered how others play it here. Do you use a controller on pc for this game or not? Also what other games have you played (popular titles) with a controller on pc?

Can you give an example? I don't recall having any issues with controls in Dishonored or Dishonored 2.

1 Like

I've only palyed Dishonored 1, but I don't remember having any problems using keyboard and mouse.

1 Like

Pretty much everything that was designed to get a release on a console I use a controller, obviously there are exceptions tho and mods change things.

All my emulating is done with a controller, I would never play any console games with a keyboard and mouse. Even though I could probably make it workable for a lot of games that don't require two analog sticks.

GTAs, bioshocks, driving games, sports games, dark souls, and Bully which I am playing through on a controller as we speak.

Bethesda games I don't' because there are mods that make a keyboard necessary with the added functions. But vanilla I'd probably go with the controller there too. And I'm sure there are lots of other examples of times i've used them in ports.

Never had an issue playing Dishonored (just finished my fourth playthrough a couple of months back, and enjoyed it greatly with the keyboard and mouse. As @dmj asked, do you have any specific examples?

I started playing through Dishonored 2 last weekend. I did play Dishonored 1 as well. I use a mouse and Orbweaver game pad. I use the directional button on the Orbweaver for movement. I haven't had any issues playing either one in this configuration. I do have to remap the default mouse buttons though. It drives me nuts to have the left mouse button operate the right hand and the right mouse button operate the left hand. I know the right hand is supposed to be the primary weapon in game so it's mapped to what most people use as the primary button on the mouse but it's more instinctive to me to see the right hand on screen then click the right button on the mouse.