So I recently bought OS X Snow Leopard and am in need of backing it up since discs are quite fragile. My idea for backing it up is to use Disk Utility to save an image of the disc. I was wondering if this would work or if there would be a better option. I don’t know if there’s some kind of copy protection like blu-rays have, if that would be another obstacle as well.
edit: Steps provided below as to how the backups would be performed using Disk Utility
- Open Disk Utility
- Select the disk that you want to save as an ISO file
- Go to File
- New Image
- New Image from “” (This being the disk in the string)
- Set the format as “DVD/CD master”
- Set the encryption as “none”
- Set a name for the file and select the save button.
- Once finished, rename the file to change the extension type from “.cdr” to “.iso”.
- When prompted, select the “Use .iso” option.