Difference between D-SUB & VGA

Hi Logan and tek syndicate team!

I was researching another monitor to buy and I came across the asus (insert random hyroglphics here) edition on newegg and watched a video of Paul unboxing it, when he showed the I/O he said what I thought to be VGA was called D-SUB. My question is if there is a difference between D-SUB & VGA if so why, and if not, why are there 2 names? Thanks!

P.S. If you dont read this question I will come to your home and shove a pound of bubblegum down your throat and wait 7 years for you to poop it out.

P.P.S. Can you record the dimensions of your beard, It'd be pretty cool to cos-play as you at PAX   

Sincerely Alex 

VGA is a high density D-sub connector. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VGA_connector <--Read this to get all the info you need on VGA.

A vga connector is a D-SUB 15 connector


Thank you!