Diff to folder Structures over network?

I have another, probably not too hard problem at hand where i could use some bash wizardry from you guys.
I have two servers. Both have a supposedly identical folder strucuture on them (Data stored got moved from Backup of one Server to the other).
Now, some difference have popped up in actual use. To see what the Problem is, i need to find the differences.

So, i tried getting this to work with diff and vimdiff, with no success. How can i get an Overview over the two Folder Structures Recursively, with having some kind of Display wether a Folder exists on Server1, Server2 or both?

It doesn’t have to be natively implemented. I’m willing to install stuff or do some bash scripting. But i feel like there is an obvious and easy solution to this that i’m missing.
Both Server are in the same network. So what ever communication Protocol we use should work.

Any hints on how to attack this?

You could fuse mount the remote directory with sshfs then treat it like a local directory, I think.

1 Like

I’ve now used tree on both Servers and output that into text files each. vimdiff on that works decently.
It’s tough to find if directories got moved though. And with over 20k Directories it’s not really convenient either. I’ll give your idea a shot though. Sounds like it could work.

rsync dry run might get you what you want. Iirc you can do directories only but I don’t remember the command off the top of my head.